- 2008-09-09 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
FUDCon Brno report
- KevinKofler reported from the FUDCON in Brno.
- The KDE-SIG was represented by KevinKofler, LukasTinkl and JaroslavReznik.
- They held a presentation about the "pillars of KDE 4" with small examples of how to use them as a developer and gave an overview of the goals with KDE4 in Fedora.
- KDE 4.1.1 is already built for F9 and queued for updates-testing.
- Also the KDE4-parts in Fedora 8 are queued for updates-testing.
- KDE 4.1.1 will stay in testing for one week and then go stable.
Fedora 10 Beta (Release Schedule)
- Fedora 10 Beta will still use nm-applet for controlling NetworkManager.
- The NetworkManager plasmoid isn't ready yet (it was scheduled for August).
- Alternatives would be the KDE3 based and KDE4 based knetworkmanager (but the latter didn't get many development in the past).
- SebastianVahl reported about the current state of the live images:
Echo Icon Theme will be default in F10, what will we use in KDE?
- RexDieter tested Echo as first fallback in Fedora-KDE (before Oxygen) and reported it was working well for KDE4 apps.
- KDE3 apps still have to rely on CrystalSVG.
- kde-settings will be prepared to use Echo in Rawhide for testing.
Fedora User Guide for F10
- The "current" user guide for the KDE Desktop is still based on Fedora 8.
- We'll need some volunteers to update it for Fedora 10 (KDE 4.1) and also Fedora 9 (KDE 4.0).
- KDE 3.5.10 is queued for updates-testing in Fedora 8 (whole desktop) and Fedora 9 (only KDE3 parts).
- The review of kde-plasma-lancelot will be finished today.
(These comments are written after the meeting)