- 2008-09-30 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- All packages are already imported and built for F9 and F10.
- kde-settings in F9 will be updated and the F10 version will be bumped to don't overlap anymore.
echo-icon-theme status report:
- The default icon theme in F10 will still be Oxygen/Fedora-KDE.
- There will be likely not enough time to fix all the missing icons for F10.
- A report of echo-icon-theme in KDE lists many missing icons.
- A wiki page about missing icons in KDE was set up.
mysql-embedded for amarok2:
- The next beta of amarok2 will use mysql-embedded which isn't available in Fedora.
- An old RFE also requests this enhancement (#149829).
- We'll need to talk to the mysql-maintainers to make it possible to ship a mysql-embedded package in F10.
- In a worst-case-scenario we'll have to fall back to amarok1 in F10.
libkipi framework: kdegraphics, Digikam in F10:
- The respins of kdegraphics-4.1.2 removed the updated libkipi framework which is needed by the latest Digikam beta.
- If this won't be reverted upstream we'll have to use the older beta version of digikam or or patch in the libkipi framework from kdegraphics' trunk.
- kpackagekit-0.1 was released on 29 Sep 2008 and should now provide the same functionality as gnome-packagekit:
- kpackagekit will be added to kde-desktop group in comps as default to get some testing.
- At this time there were no conclusion about replacing gnome-packagekit also on the live media.
- Packages for F9 could be provided when PackageKit-0.3 is available as an update.
- The latest svn version of knetworkmanager in Rawhide is now able to build and is at least basically working.
- Though, it won't be installed by default and @kde-desktop will still use Networkmanager-gnome as default
- But the release notes for F10 will mention the existence of knetworkmanager as a technology preview.
F-10/kde artwork, theme:
- We'll need at least a KDM theme and a KSplash for the Artwork of Fedora 10.
- KushalDas is working on a KDM theme based on SamueleStorari's mockup.
- SamueleStorari will also provide a mockup for KSplash.
- Also kde-settings must be prepared for the desktop backgrounds.
(These comments are written after the meeting)