- 2009-05-12 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- Delta RPMS
- F11 news: leonidas-kde-theme updates
- KDE 4.2.3 update status
- Qt 4.5.1 update status
- KDE 4.2.85 status (F12 Rawhide)
- kpackagekit in its current version supports delta-rpms provided by yum-presto.
- So the usual huge KDE updates would benefit from the smaller delta-rpms if enabled by default.
- The current release decision for Fedora 11 is to not install yum-presto by default.
- We'll stick with this decision: It's too late in the release cycle to push it on the KDE live images.
- The final version of leonidas-kde-theme was built and tagged today.
- It matches the current leonidas-backgrounds (updated yesterday), adds two subpackages and re-enables labels.
- The update should be tested by all available people.
KDE 4.2.3 update status:
- KDE 4.2.3 is already available in updates-testing for F-9, F-10 and F-11.
- Extragear packages for KDE 4.2.3 were built and will be submitted for updates-testing soon.
- An update for the weather dataengine in kdebase-workspace will be backported from KDE 4.3 if testing goes fine.
Qt 4.5.1 update status:
- Tracker bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=Qt451
- Qt 4.5.1 is now in updates-testing for F-11 and F-10, F-9 will be added with the next push.
- Two regressions in Qt 4.5.0 are fixed by this update (texmaker, jabbim), but three new regressions appeared (rssnow plasmoid, ksysguard, Amarok 2.0).
- The status of regressions vs. fixes will be evaluated in a week.
- Two patches are worth considering a backport:
- A possible fix for the rendering issues: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commit/2e3a5ea4434d19fbdb90996e71961f0791ea6487
- A fix for a leak of file descriptors in QTemporaryFile: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commit/42e2070925d012845db9cf85e597a17851a0dcb6
- strigi-0.6.4-4.fc10 will be pushed to stable although it was reported to not fix [#496620] completely: smb:/// apparently still crashes, but at least the crash when checking the properties of / was fixed.
- Importing KDE 4.2.85 in F12 was started.