The NeuroFedora SIG's goal is to provide neuroscience researchers (and enthusiasts!) a strong, easy to use, ready-made FOSS platform for their work.
The first step towards this objective is to package as many of the tools that neuroscientists use to make them available in Fedora.
- Providing the package set that the neuro-debian project provides is a preliminary goal.
- Add additional packages, in the neurofedora COPR repositories or Flatpaks if required
- Release a Fedora spin
- Publicise the spin (publish a paper outlining the work here again following the neurodebian project paper?)
- Continue to enable neuroscience research, provide community support.
(A self-contained change request proposed by this SIG in the past is detailed here)
Communication and getting help
- Documentation is available at docs.fedoraproject.org. Its sources reside in a pagure repository.
- We maintain a repository for housekeeping on Pagure.io here.
- We have our mailing list here: neuro-sig. Feel free to ask any questions there.
- We also hang out on irc.freenode.net at .
- We also have a Telegram supergroup here: https://t.me/NeuroFedora
- One can also get help on Ask Fedora and use the "Troubleshooting > Software > NeuroFedora" category to mark questions (Current list of questions).
- Updates on NeuroFedora are currently announced here.
- We have our organisation on Github, although we mainly use our Pagure organisation.
Who we are
It is currently maintained by members of the neuro-sig.
We encourage everyone to join the group. We're more than happy to help new members learn the skills required to participate in the project. Please contact us using the methods outlined above.
Since we use infrastructure provided by the Fedora community, one must have a Fedora account to access it. It can be created here.
There is no formal process for participating. Simply apply to the Neuro-sig FAS group to gain access to the package set. While one is required to already be a package maintainer to join the group, we're happy to help you learn packaging and join the package maintainers group by co-maintain packages with us.
We shall have them, and see how it goes.
- Already available software can be found on the Neuro-SIG group's page on src.fp.o.
- The pagure issue tracker shows a list of software that is being packaged.
- Packages under review can be seen using the tracker bug: RHBZ #1276941. Please feel free to pick them up for review.
- An older progress kanban board is here
Adding new software
When the package is approved. please modify the settings of the package on src.fedoraproject.org and give the neuro-sig group commit rights so that we can help maintain the whole package set.