The NeuroFedora SIG's goal is to provide neuroscience researchers (and enthusiasts!) a strong, easy to use, ready-made FOSS platform for their work.
The first step towards this objective is to package as many of the tools that neuroscientists use to make them available in Fedora.
- Providing the package set that the neuro-debian project provides is a preliminary goal.
- Add additional packages, in the neurofedora COPR repositories or Flatpaks if required
- Release a Fedora spin
- Publicise the spin (publish a paper outlining the work here again following the neurodebian project paper?)
- Continue to enable neuroscience research, provide community support.
(A self-contained change request proposed by this SIG in the past is detailed here)
Communication and getting help
- We have our maling list here: neuro-sig
- We also hang out on irc.freenode.net at .
- One can also get help on Ask Fedora and use the "Troubleshooting > Software > NeuroFedora" category to mark questions (Current list of questions).
Who we are
- Morgan Hough (mhough) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Igor Gnatenko (ignatenkobrain) <email@example.com>
- Adrian Alves (alvesadrian) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD" (ankursinha)
- Christian Kellner (gicmo)
There is no formal process for participating. Simply add yourself to our members-section above and apply to the Neuro-sig FAS group to gain access to the package set. While one is required to already be a package maintainer to join the group, we're happy to help you learn packaging and join the package maintainers group by co-maintain packages with us.
We shall have them, and see how it goes.
- A complete list of packages with their current status can be seen on the packages page
- The Neuro-SIG group's page on src.fp.o also lists the already packaged software
- Packages under review can be seen using the tracker bug: RHBZ #1276941. Please feel free to pick them up for review.
- An older progress kanban board is here
Adding new software
When the package is approved. please modify the settings of the package on src.fedoraproject.org and give the neuro-sig group commit rights so that we can help maintain the whole package set.