Submission Process for Community Spins
- A new spin concept that is to be included into the Kickstart Pool is to:
- comply with the Spin Guidelines
- be submitted to the Spin SIG for technical review. The mailing list is at http://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fedora-spins
Submitting a Spin Concept
When submitting a spin concept, you should include:
- A description of the spin concept. Here's a couple of ideas:
- Does it have a particular target audience?
- Grannies in church need bigger font sizes
- Does it have a particular use(-case)?
- I boot this specific spin on XXX desktops at the office so that (...)
- Is it a localized spin (based on an existing spin)?
- The kickstart file you want to add to the pool.
- Make sure it has a brief description of the spin's purpose on top, and the author(s)/maintainer(s). Check the GIT Repository for examples.
- The SIG's name (if any) involved with developing and maintaining the spin concept, and/or your FAS account name
- If applicable, an description of changes you apply that are not covered with the Community Spin Guidelines , such as:
- The reason for changing the default behavior of an application
- Excluding or including packages for a localized spin because the spin breaks with or without that specific package (include Red Hat Bugzilla bugnumber)
- The spin concept's scope:
- Does the spin concept apply for being officially released?
- Does the spin concept need to be included in the Kickstart Pool package (being released, as a package, via Fedora repositories)?
- Is the spin going to be maintained during it's lifecycle? The lifecycle of a spin is at least one Fedora releases lifecycle.
- Does the spin expect to release updates during it's lifecycle?
Spin Concept Submitted?
When your spin concept is submitted, you will get a response from the Spin SIG containing feedback on the following:
- The spin concept in general
- Technical Review
- Proceedings with regards to being included in the kickstart pool (if not a localized spin).
- Proceedings with regards to proposing the spin concept to the Board, and discussing Trademark Approval (if not a localized spin).
- If the Spin needs an approval stamp, it'll be proposed only after technical review by the Spin SIG
- Proceedings with regards to being included in the pool of spins that are released as part of the official release (if not a localized spin).
- Only after the Spin gets an approval stamp from the Board
- Subject to the release policy .