With so many Security Team members geographically around the Washington, D.C. area this might be a good place to hold a FAD and get some work done. Remote participation should be available.
- Work on security patch push fix.
- Work on apprenticeship training requirements.
- Work on important CVEs
- PGP/GPG Key Signing
The completion of these goals will create the following positive change within the project:
- help to build the FOSS security community (specifically Fedora's security community)
- help to create a more secure Fedora OS.
These outcomes connect with the following Fedora Community Objectives by helping to build the open source software community.
LivingSocial (Zach's Office)
Address: 1445 New York Ave NW, Washington, DC 20005 (14th and New York)
Date and Time
March 11, 2016 starting at 9:00 AM ET and ending around 5:00 PM ET (UTC-5 hours).
09:00-09:30 - Meet and greet.
09:30-11:00 - Develop recommendation to REL-ENG regarding expediting security updates.
11:00-12:00 - Develop a framework for the Apprenticeship
12:00-13:30 - Lunch
13:30-15:00 - Flesh out the Apprenticeship requirements
15:00-16:00 - Work on important CVEs
16:00-16:30 - GPG key signing and CAcert assurances
~16:30-? - Hang out or go home
- Travel: $0 (No funding requested as it's expected that only locals will be attending.)
- Housing: $0 (No funding requested as it's expected that only locals will be attending.)
- Space: $0 (Space donated by LivingSocial)
- Supplies: $D for anything else you may need
Total budget: $A+B+C+D
Who is attending?
- Eric "Sparks" Christensen
- Jared Smith
- David "Astra" Kaufmann (remote)
- Corey Sheldon (linuxmodder) -- may end up being remote attendee last minute conflict
- David Cafaro (d-caf)
- Zach Oglesby (zoglesby)
Things to do after FAD
- Create page for what a mentor is.