|IRC channels:||#fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #asterisk-doc, #asterisk-dev (and others)|
|Badges (Failed to decode JSON.)|
My name is Jared Smith. I'm a big Linux geek. I enjoy systems administration, relational databases, web programming, and VoIP. I eat too many donuts, and don't blog as regularly as I should. I've managed small systems and large-scale networks (over 6500 servers and 800 network devices). As a college freshman, I once stuffed 26 jumbo marshmallows in my mouth to win a contest. Oh, and I wrote a book for O'Reilly on Asterisk and the future of telephony. For all the nitty gritty details, see http://www.jaredsmith.net/about/. I currently work for Endurance International (the parent company of web hosting firms such as Bluehost and Host Gator) doing open source outreach and technical oversight.
- Email: Jared's Email
- IRC: jsmith (in #fedora-docs, #fedora-admin, #asterisk-docs)
- GPG key: Key ID 210BDF5A
- Fedora Account: jsmith
- Blog: http://www.jaredsmith.net/
Activities within Fedora
- I was the Fedora Project Leader for two years.
- I help out with the Fedora Docs project, and generally make a nuisance of myself. I have a lot of experiece with DocBook publication toolchains, such as Publican.
- I've also helped out on the Fedora Infrastructure team, mostly around the Fedora Talk server. (I have *lots and lots* of experience with Asterisk and voice over IP.)
- I do my best to report bugs when I find them, and work with those responsible to ensure the problems get solved.
To hightlight some of the work I've done in Fedora, here are the badges I've accumulated: