|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on integration of Qt applications in Fedora Workstation (Gnome Shell).
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Jan Grulich (jgrulich), Martin Bříza (mbriza)
- Quality Assurance - Tester1 (irc_nick3), Tester2 (irc_nick4), Tester3 (irc_nick5)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Any Fedora Workstation 24 image (nightly build / alpha / beta / rc / final) with "dnf -y update" run
- Installed packages (in most recent F24 versions should be installed by default):
- Set QGnomePlatform to be used by setting QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME to 'qgnomeplatform' (e.g. export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME='qgnomeplatform')
- Note, that exporting this property affects only current terminal session, but you can also put the command above to your .bashrc file to set it globally
- In Gnome 3.20 this step shouldn't be required as this property should be already set by gnome-session
How to test?
Install a suitable Fedora Workstation 24 and verify test cases below.
Provide a list of test areas or test cases that you'd like contributors to execute. For other examples, see Category:Test_Cases.
Construct a table or list to allow testers to post results. Each column should be a test case or configuration, and each row should consist of test results. Include some instructions on how to report bugs, and any special instructions. Here's an example, from a Palimpsest test day:
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla usually for the component udisks, or gnome-disk-utility for bugs in the Palimpsest graphical front end itself. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.