|Adam John Miller|
|IRC:||maxamillion on Freenode in|
|#fedora #fedora-devel #fedora-cloud #fedora-kde #fedora-arm #pidora #openshift #openshift-dev #rhel|
Adam John Miller
I've been a GNU/Linux user since Red Hat Linux 7.
I have an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science and a Masters of Science in Information Assurance and Security. My main goal within the Open Source community is to contribute in any way that I am able in order to enhance FOSS.
I am comfortable coding in Python, Ruby, bash shell (3.0+), POSIX sh and I have some experience with Ada83, Java, C, C++ but am horridly out of practice. I know some Intel-x86 and MIPS assembly but prefer to not ever code in either. I'm always dabbling in different programming languages because I find them fascinating but haven't found another language in my dabbling that I feel comfortable enough with to claim as a "skill".
I am a fedora packager, so I guess I would consider "packaging RPMs" one of my skills. Though I would like to thank all the developers involved in making the build environment because the incredible tools available really do make packaging a breeze.
Experience with debian and Fedora/RHEL/CentOS server administration (in an array of implementations) and general (desktop) use.
I have my RHCE on RHEL6. Certificate Number: 110-008-810
My Open Source Contributions
I am currently the Release Engineer for OpenShift at Red Hat. I would love to help bring OpenShift Origin to as many users and developers within the community in any way I can, and will continue to strive towards that goal.
My Relation to the Fedora Project
I am currently a Fedora packager and plan to continue this for the foreseeable future. I still enjoy playing around with other distros but prefer to develop/package for Fedora as this project is the one that puts forth my own personal beliefs in software freedom as well as keeping up with wonderful quality assurance, a helpful community, inspiring innovation, and an over all solid distribution.
The Gnome Project
I am currently a Friend of Gnome and I encourage others to join in as well. http://www.gnome.org/friends/
KDE e.V. Join the Game
I am currently a supporter of KDE e.V.'s Join the Game program and I encourage others to join in as well. http://jointhegame.kde.org/
Support & Bug Triage
- Tech support in #fedora, #rhel, and #epel on irc.freenode.net
- Active in bugzilla
- Currently a member of the Fedora Cloud SIG - focusing on OpenShift PaaS
- Currently a packager for fedora, my packages here.
- Currently involved in the Fedora QA Community
- Currently a fedora xfce SIG member
- Currently a fedora KDE SIG member
- Currently working to help improve the Xfce LiveSpin
- Wrote a small Firefox addon to search Fedora pkgdb easily. - Now defunct, this functionality has been merged with pkgdb
- Wrote a very small app/script to send email called pymail
- Planning a Fedora 13 feature of "No MTA" for desktop users. - defunct
- Fedora 18 inclusion of upstream OpenShift Origin - Feature Page
Plans & Goals
I hope to continue to contribute to open source as a whole by developing custom applications, patching and packaging, giving support on irc support channels, writing wiki pages and documentation, and so much more.