My name is Vedran Miletić. I am an ex-student of mathematics and informatics, graduated in march 2009. I live in Rijeka, Croatia. Croatia is a really nice country in Central Europe, and Rijeka is a town situated in northwest on the sea coast. It's a nice place, and I like very much.
- Email: email@example.com
- Home: http://www.inf.uniri.hr/~vmiletic/
- IRC: rivanvx in #fedora
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vedranmiletic
- GPG key: 0xF47E931B
- Fedora Account: vedranm
I work as a teaching assistant in Department of informatics of University in Rijeka. Presently (that is, for academic year 2009./2010.) I am assigned to Computer networks I, Computer networks II, Operating systems I, Operating systems II and Distributed systems.
I have been messing with Red Hat and Fedora for quite a long time, and using Fedora as my primary OS since Fedora Core 3. Aside from Fedora, I also use Debian, because, like Fedora, it has freedom above everything else. I love free software movement and it delights me to see how much it has grown, and I try to get my students intersted in contributing to it. We will see how it goes in the coming months.
Other than that, I have been distributing Linux on CDs and DVDs to anyone who asked about it since 2004. For a while, I was a member of local LUG called RiLinux, but unfortunately it was shut down in 2007. Hopefully, something similiar is about to start this academic year, lead by students of informatics of our department.
- computer networks, especially optical fiber ones
- database systems, especially PostgreSQL
- server administration, especially Fedora and Debian
- Python, a language that understands mathematicians
- X.Org, because it is so old and yet makes all those cool modern things possible
- ALSA, because it has always just worked for me
- computer games
- board games
- hanging out with friends
- five-star hotels
- good food
...and a lot more.
Activities within Fedora
- bug triaging (mostly ALSA and X.Org bugs)
- spreading the word (hope to be ambassador some day)