My name is Vedran Miletić. I am an ex-student of mathematics and informatics, graduated in march 2009. I live in Rijeka, Croatia. Croatia is a really nice country in Central Europe, and Rijeka is a town situated in northwest on the sea coast. It's a nice place, and I like very much.
- Email: email@example.com
- Home: http://www.inf.uniri.hr/~vmiletic/
- IRC: rivanvx in #fedora
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vedranmiletic
- GPG key: 0x4EDFFE84
- Fedora Account: vedranm
I work as a teaching assistant in Department of informatics of University in Rijeka. Presently (that is, for academic year 2009./2010.) I am assigned to Computer networks, Operating systems, Distributed systems, Managing network systems and Creating educational systems.
I have been messing with Red Hat and Fedora for quite a long time, and using Fedora as my primary OS since Fedora Core 3. Aside from Fedora, I also use Debian, because, like Fedora, it puts freedom above everything else. I love free software movement and it delights me to see how much it has grown, and I try to get my students intersted in contributing to it. We will see how it goes in the coming months.
Other than that, I have been distributing Linux on CDs and DVDs to anyone who asked about it since 2004. For a while, I was a member of local LUG called RiLinux, but unfortunately it was shut down in 2007.
At the Deprtment where I work, we have an OpenClass every two weeks. During these classes, we listen to seminars held by members of HULK-Ri (local LUG in Rijeka) on various topics in free software.
Activities in Fedora
- computer networks, especially optical fiber ones
- database systems, especially PostgreSQL
- server administration, especially Fedora and Debian
- Python, a language that understands mathematicians
- Java, because it's not as bad as everyone says
- X.Org, because it is so old and yet makes all those cool modern things possible
- ALSA, when it works (and most of the time it does)
- VirtualBox, because it has helped me run Windows without too much hassle
- computer games
- board games
- hanging out with friends
- five-star hotels
- good food
...and a lot more.
Activities within Fedora
- bug triaging (mostly kernel and X.Org bugs)
- spreading the word (hope to be ambassador some day)