The order of these sections defines their priority.
- 1 Easier tasks for new(er) contributors
- 1.1 Categorize all documentation pages
- 1.2 Create at least one new, sub category for each current ProjectName/ space
- 1.3 Renaming of end-user focused content (documentation)
- 1.4 Moving obsolete content to Archive:
- 1.5 Move meeting minutes to Meeting: namespace
- 1.6 Find and prune orphans and dead links
- 1.7 Move pages from Docs/*/ nesting
- 2 Harder tasks for the more experienced
Easier tasks for new(er) contributors
Categorize all documentation pages
Create at least one new, sub category for each current ProjectName/ space
Renaming of end-user focused content (documentation)
E.g. FedoraLive/LiveUSBHowTo => Live_USB_How_To
- Wouldn't "How_to_make_Live_USB" be even better? -- PWF.
Moving obsolete content to Archive:
Move meeting minutes to Meeting: namespace
Task how to
- manualy check pages
- go over wiki enabled features
Move pages from Docs/*/ nesting
Harder tasks for the more experienced
Resolve page naming debate
Create self-explaining Example_wiki_page
Reorg of packaging policy
PackagingGuidelines needs love and maybe a new front walk-through page (top priority). Dependent on resolving the naming and wiki structure questions.
- Mailing list link
- IRC channel
- VoIP meeting #
How to proceed on this task
This one needs to happen in a user sandbox or other drafting space.
Prepare migration of DocsProject pages as a reference migration
- See how Fonts_SIG is organized, how it was migrated
- Map all pages in DocsProject project namespace
- Make sure all DocsProject documents are properly categorized.
Grow wiki gardening how to pages
Update and maintain wiki gardening task list
Describe policy of what is obsolete
For documentation/wiki: N+1, N, N-1, and N-2 are all valid