Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2006-05-11
[sasquatch] : JonFautley
- lxmaier: please note, if your project is not on the page, you can add it yourself
- tchung reports
- For the month of May, we received over 80 free media requests and we have fulfilled half of them so far.
- KarlieRobinson adds
- Just that we're still working on the back log and any help people can provide will be helpful
- if you're willing, you can fill requests personally, or encourage people to sponsor discs
- we're still in need of Sponsors no matter how many vendors come on board and its up to everyone to spread the word so we can find generous users willing to help out
- lxmaier reports
- VideoContest has nothing new to report
- i need to corner our brand guy to give me the okay to use the graphics we have received from CC
- otherwise we are really close to being ready to go
- mether: the latest one is in my people's page
- lxmaier: we had people wishing to create a generic presentation based on all the ones we have so far...
- mether: things change pretty often. so we probably need to keep it updated every release
- lxmaier: do you think you could put all of the presentations currently on your people.redhat.com page onto the wiki?
- mether: I could. do we need a discussion on it or should I just do it?
- lxmaier: mether: just do it
- tchung: If I remember correct, somone from Ambassadors volunteer for this task?
- lxmaier: you are correct
- mether: It was Tejas
- He reports he's currently swamped with exam studies. See http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2006-May/msg00041.html
- ChitleshGoorah not present
- mether: JeremyKatz is still working on it. We might be releasing a formal live cd for FC6 if all goes well
- tchung: I'll contact him to remind him to give us report off line.
- Free Media Requests from India :
- mether: On the free media project, a large number of requests are from India
- mether: and I have got the quotes from Red Hat India on the costs of doing local production and redistribution
- mether: and the initial estimates (which is likely to go down) is around 800 dollars for 1000 DVD's including master, printing and distribution
- tchung: that's great news! let's discuss it on our list.
- mether: yep. I will send a mail to the list
- mether: and see whether we can fit it into the ambassadors budget
- lxmaier: yepp, let's move this discussion to the list--and yeah, it is indeed GREAT news!
Review upcoming events
- May 12-14, 2006 ENSOL Brazil
- HugoCisneiros not present
- RodrigoPadula not present
- May 20, 2006 Multimedia Day France
- ThomasCanniot reports
- MrTom: i have nothing new to report, we can move on (eof)
- June 9-10, 2006 CarolinaCon
- LeeJoseph not present
- June 10, 2006 UCLUG installfest
- DavidNalley reports
- well we are trying to bring some new users to linux
- and focusing on freedom from spyware/virus etc.
- hoping to have 20-50 people
- tchung: ke4qqq, would you mind adding a link to the LUG on the wiki?
- ke4qqq: I will shortly
- xmaier: yes, please : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents
- June 23-25, 2006 Journée du Libre 4
- ChitleshGoorah not present
- June 23-30, 2006 Fedora, Friends and Fun
- BobJensen not present
- July 22-23, 2006 LUGRadio Live! 2006
- JonFautley reports
- LUGRAdio is a podcast show, that's recently (read: last year) branched out into doing a live show
- it's very much a 'geek' event - kinda like a LinuxWorld event, without all the corporate suits running around
- it's a good place to have a presence for Fedora, as it gets our name out there, most of the main UK Open Source 'figure heads' are there
- as well as a few influential people from big companies/organisations
- last year, there were booths from Red Hat, CentOS, OpenOffice.org, UKLinux (ISP), SuSE (sort of), the UK Open Source Consortium, and lots of other big names
- July 24-28, 2006 OSCON 2006
- RichardTuttle not present
- tchung: According to famsco meeting schedule, BobJensen is the point of contact for OSCON.
- tchung: We need to contact both of them for the status.
- See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings