Ambassadors/Mentors Survey Summary
What were your expectations when you signed up to become a mentor?
- give guidance and help
- teach people on our tools
- improve the quality performance of new Ambassadors
- find and encourage the future leaders
How much of these have been met in the current form of the mentor-candidate relationship?
- all of them
- some good relationships - and some just protocol
- not much - because Candidates are not fit enough
Do Mentors have enough feedback on the accountability and transparency of the system with https://fedorahosted.org/fama/?
- yes enough Feedback
- FAmA Trac provides the Transparency
- No - more Infos should be required from the Candidate before he is allowed to contact the Mentor
- Update the Infos around that instance
Do you consider the need for any tooling to help with this workflow (Memberhsip Wizard was a big improvement!)?
- No need for more tooling
- human contact over tooling
- standard mentor requirements
- have a "goal" and a wikipage as a requirement before contacting the Mentor
Do we need higher entry barriers for Ambassadors (examples: requiring some time in the Fedora Project, CLA+1, proven work on tasks)?
- not necessarily - it is important what the contributor can become
- process must be more streamlined
- not sure - there are good pro and cons
We had discussion on Mentors who were proposed as a Mentor without running a single Event before, do we need more entry requirements for Ambassador Mentors?
- no, only trust and judgement is needed
- no, because knowledged and experienced is stated already and therefore the requirement
- minimum time requirement in the group should be a "must"
- events experience is a "must"
Do you think the Mentoring Process is clear enough?
- freedom to the mentors is good - but uneven
- yes, but in some parts outdated
Do you feel that your Region is well enough covered with Mentors?
- EMEA: Yes
- NA: Yes
- APAC: One needed for India(has one more since 2 weeks) and one ore two more for China
- LATAM: One more needed for Brazil
Should Mentors meet? If yes, how often?
- Once a month
Do you think Ambassadors Mentoring brought quality improvement to the Ambassadors Group?
- provide Mentoring to people who are already Ambassadors
Can you think of any other improvements/suggestions we should focus in the future to have better Membership experience?
- Leveling System
- longer "find a mentor period" to 21 Days
- Streamlining the Process to prefilter Candidates who never will make a Wikipage or have no goals
- more common requirements from Mentors