From Fedora Project Wiki
Plone Use Cases
We need to have answers to these use cases and questions. Once we know them, we can start using the Plone CMS to collect and publish work.
- "I just translated the Translation QSG and it's ready to be published."
- "I have a Doc
Book document I wrote but don't want to do the CVS access hoops."
- "I have a book in CVS and want to give another person permission to edit and publish it."
- "I have a book in Plone amd I want to give another person permission to edit and publish it."
- "I have a book in Plone that I want to make available for translation."
- "I am a packager/developer, and I don't know where I should put my content or how to label it."
Python-based flexibility and incredible modularity make Plone a no-brainer for many types of community information sharing activities. It is possible to build workflows that interact with SCM, Trac/Bugzilla, and just about every other conceivable part of the project to provide or return content.