Archive:Docs Project goals
Goals on this page can encompass other goals. All goals have specific tasks, which are listed on DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/TaskSchedule, and can have many levels of sub-tasks. Some specific deliverables may be enumerated on this page, as they directly align with project goals. This list of goals are related to infrastructure, process, and overall project success.
- Help new and interested writers to contribute to open, community documentation.
- FDSCo administrivia
- Process doc(s)
- Role definitions and assignments
- Keep DocsProject/EditorAssignments updated
- Recruit new writers (add yourself to the contributors page). Take a look at the thread at http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2005-March/msg00061.html for some recruiting tips
- R&D on !DocBook Wiki (http://doc-book.sourceforge.net/homepage/)
- Define how to get access to and use CVS (DocsProject/CvsUsage)
- Toolchain R&D
- Core Documentation Set
- Resolve release notes situation
- Release Fedora Core Installation Guide for FC4
- Update Documentation Guide to be more friendly, accurate, and useful.
- Update Quick Start Guide to reflect current processes, use friendly BZ names, etc.
- Determine how FDP documentation will be integrated with FC.
- Update the goals page
- More ...