Since fonts have specific packaging and legal requirements, but are often hidden deep into other stuff, make sure the packager checked for their existence (to avoid needing a new painful audit in a few releases).
Add the following line to Packaging/ReviewGuidelines:
- we already have specific rules for -static and -headers
- fonts are easier to miss than headers, even experienced packagers have forgotten to look for them in the past
- fonts are quite common as the current distro audit shows
- fonts are non-trivial to package properly, we had to write specific macros because many packagers were messing up scriptlets
- the font autoinstall F11 feature assumes fonts are packaged according to guidelines and will produce unexpected results if they're not
- a broken font deployment can break all GUI apps
- fonts have been pirated before mp3 was defined and fonts which origin has not been checked by the packager are a legal risk
- .otf, .ttf, .ttc, .pfa, .pfb, .pfc files.