Fedora 新闻周刊第 103 期
欢迎阅览 Fedora 新闻周刊第 103 期，记载自 2007-09-24 起一周事件。本页永久链接为 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/zh_CN/FWN/Issue103
公告，“投票选择 Fedora8 代码名”，“Fedora Unity 发布更新的 Fedora7 重制版”。
投票选择 Fedora8 代码名
Fedora Unity 发布更新的 Fedora7 重制版
Compiz-Fusion in Fedora 8
Gideon Mayhak asks,
"I'm writing a brief e-mail regarding the state of Compiz-Fusion in Fedora 8. The current offering is not what I would consider acceptable. Without the libcompizconfig and ccsm packages, Compiz-Fusion is not worth mentioning. The current configuration offering is a joke at best. Can we expect a proper Compiz-Fusion offering soon, or will Fedora 8 end up touting its pseudo-Compiz-Fusion when it's released? It's obviously not a deal breaker, but I don't see why it would be so hard for official package maintainers to build a couple more packages. I know there are people on the Fedora Forums who are packaging these things as they learn how to package, so maybe you could recruit them. I just hope you can ease my mind with news that they're working on it and we'll see the real deal soon."
Fedora 8 is currently under active development and the release notes in the last test release did mention that what was being offered is a preview. They use glib and gconf instead of the other configuration mechanisms you have mentioned although both the GNOME and KDE front ends have been separated to integrate better with the respective desktop environments. compiz-bcop has been introduced into the repository recently and libcompizfusion is waiting on review at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=247406.
If you find bugs or want to request enhancements, you can report or request them in http://bugzilla.redhat.com against the relevant packages as usual. If there are interested people willing to participating in maintaining or co-maintaining software in Fedora, you are most welcome to do so. More information at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers. We also need people doing package reviews to ensure the high quality of new packages being introduced in Fedora. Review guidelines are available http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines. Reviews can be done by virtually anyone.
Robert Myers asks,
"Is the new Nodoka theme going to be ported to KDE? If not, why isn't it?"
It can be ported as soon as someone with the interest, time and skills show up to do it. Martin Sourada answered more questions on Nodoka including this one in a recent interview available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/MartinSourada.
俄亥俄州 Linux 大会
Fedora 8 和在线桌面
Contributing Writer: ChrisTyler
Editor's Note: Sorry, no Daily Package has been posted for this week since our editor for this beat is busy with teaching the good kids this semester.
七个最有影响的 GNU/Linux 发行版
MikeMcGrath reports in fedora-marketing-list ,
"I wrote a little call to help post today as well as a comparison of where our users are vs mirrors. This is using a small sampling of people that have connected to our mirrors site. Not an exact science but interesting none the less, thought I'd share."
RFC: /var or /srv?
YUM 在 Fedora9 中可以配置 Multilib 行为吗？
Rawhide 的 Mock 编译结果
为游戏版 Live DVD 准备的 OpenGL 包装程序
不再允许 Kmod (内核模块)软件包
Tickless x86_64 内核
RPM Fusion 仓库联盟
用作音频创作的 PlanetCCRMA 软件包将进入 Fedora
无人维护的 lftp 造成了 Bug 成堆
Editor's Note: FWN will not be covering fedora-maintainers in the future issue.
DimitrisGlezos posted about his additions of a FAQ to help address some translation questions. Comments/suggestions are always welcome.
DimitrisGlezos had some updates for transifex this week, one of which added support for system-config-printer.
DimitrisGlezos wanted to start discussion about whether or not an online translation tool would be useful and what features would be good to have.
MattDomsch posted a suggestion to modify the mirror directory structure to better facilitate respins. The idea being that respins can be done and content can be moved back and forth between servers without causing mirror breakage. After some discussion it was agreed to be a good idea and will likely see some implementation in the future.
Fedora 7 安全更新
- elinks-0.11.3-1.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00335.html
- libsndfile-1.0.17-2.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00344.html
- fuse-2.7.0-5.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00367.html
- ntfs-3g-1.913-2.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00368.html
- kernel-220.127.116.11-85.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00375.html
- bugzilla-3.0.2-0.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00387.html
- php-5.2.4-1.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00397.html
- t1lib-5.1.1-3.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00431.html
- kernel-18.104.22.168-91.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00436.html
Fedora Core 6 安全更新
- httpd-2.2.6-1.fc6 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00353.html
- php-5.1.6-3.7.fc6 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00354.html
- kernel-22.214.171.124-57.fc6 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-September/msg00355.html
Fedora Board Meeting Minutes 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Ambassadors Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Documentation Steering Committee 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Meeting (Log) 2007-09-26
Fedora 基础设施 Meeting (Log) 2007-09-27
Fedora Localization Project Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting 2007-09-25
Fedora Release Engineering Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report