- 1 Fedora 新闻周刊第 106 期
- 1.1 公告
- 1.2 Fedora 有问有答
- 1.3 Fedora 博客聚集
- 1.4 营销
- 1.5 开发
- 1.6 顾问委员会
- 1.7 字体
- 1.8 翻译
- 1.9 基础设施
- 1.10 安全周刊
- 1.11 更新
- 1.12 事件和会议
- 1.12.1 Fedora Board Meeting Minutes 2007-10-16
- 1.12.2 Fedora Ambassadors Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- 1.12.3 Fedora Documentation Steering Committee 2007-10-12
- 1.12.4 Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Meeting 2007-10-18
- 1.12.5 Fedora Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Meeting 2007-10-21
- 1.12.6 Fedora 基础设施 Meeting (Log) 2007-10-18
- 1.12.7 Fedora Localization Meeting 2007-10-16
- 1.12.8 Fedora 营销 Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- 1.12.9 Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- 1.12.10 Fedora Release Engineering Meeting 2007-MM-DD
Fedora 新闻周刊第 106 期
欢迎阅览 Fedora 新闻周刊第 106 期，记载自 2007-10-15 起一周事件。本页永久链接为 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/zh_CN/FWN/Issue106
Balaji Kumar <kkc_balaji AT rediffmail.com> : I am C.Balaji, A Fedora user and promoter(chosen by myself to be) for past 3 years. i am in remote area of India. so i can have internet access only through gsm phones gprs modem.the connection provider was from airtel. almost 35 friends of mine were having internet access only with this type of connection but i cant connect to internet without windows through my mobile. i found an application called gprs easy connect for linux which support many phones. I believe without internet linux will be boring. also it must provide every way to connect to internet. so if you add that 6 mb program as default for fedora that would be more interesting so that more than 1000 people in my own town will have access to internet in linux platform. Since I am being a open source promoter i can assure them with most useful tool to connect to the Internet.
Taking a quick look at this software, it is under the GPL license which is acceptable for Fedora and I have added it to the wishlist . It is however too late for us to evaluating this software and go through the process of integrating and testing it in time for Fedora 8 but we can look into this before the subsequent release. Note that, due to space constraints, only the main software packages is available in the Live images. The rest of the software will be available in the Fedora online software repository.
Don Smith <dmsmith AT tru.eastlink.ca> : I just wanted to say thank you to all the developers that work on Fedora. I recently installed Fedora 7 on my Toshiba laptop that came with Vista pre-installed. I'm NOT a Vista fan. I'm am totally impressed with Fedora 7 and feel it is miles ahead of Vista. Fedora 7 is excellent!. Thanks for the great work folks!
今时今日，令我最激动的 Fedora 8 特性是..
Jesse Keating points out in his blog ,
"Working wireless out of the box. Intel 4965 firmware is in, works well, and NetworkManager rewrite leaves me with some pretty damn good software to manage it."
Fedora 8 中的解码器助手(Codec Buddy)
RahulSundaram points out in his blog
"Codec Buddy (Codeina) is the wrapper in Fedora 8 which helps educate the users on the advantage of open formats or optionally install multimedia codecs when you click on any multimedia content that is not supported by Fedora out of the box. To know more about how codec buddy works and see some screenshots, take a look at the codeina page ."
Fedora 8 冻结。抓紧！
WillWoods points out in his blog
"Hoorj. So, yeah, we are definitely frozen for F8. Now comes the time when I spend every day staring at the blocker list and poking the bugs there (and the people responsible for them) and trying to make them die. The bugs, not the people."
Distrowatch 网站赞扬了 Fedora 的美工
俄亥俄州 Linux 聚会小结
Linux 基金会的桌面 Linux 调查
确保 SELinux 上下文会跟踪可执行文件位置的变化
SELinux 禁止了 GDM 显示用户自定义头像
专有的 GoogleEarth 无法运行
Provides 还是 Obsoletes?
在特定体系中部署 noarch 编译任务
The situation was re-assessed by JesseKeating who summed up with the information that it was not possible to build all packages with IcedTea at present. Instead everything could and should be built with 'gcj'. These packages then have the possibility to run using either IcedTea(on selected architectures) or 'gcj'.
(PPC)包含 LiveCD ISO 的可启动 USB 存储设备
Firefox 与 Compiz 的交互方式意见调查
Contributing Writer: JoshBressers
Fedora 7 安全更新
- tk-8.4.13-6.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-October/msg00261.html
- openssl-0.9.8b-15.fc7 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-October/msg00263.html
Fedora Core 6 安全更新
- openssh-4.3p2-25.fc6 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-October/msg00214.html
- util-linux-2.13-0.49.fc6 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-October/msg00216.html
- hplip-1.7.4a-3.fc6 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-October/msg00217.html
- openssl-0.9.8b-15.fc6 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-October/msg00218.html
Contributing Writer: ThomasChung
Fedora Board Meeting Minutes 2007-10-16
Fedora Ambassadors Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Documentation Steering Committee 2007-10-12
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Meeting 2007-10-18
Fedora Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Meeting 2007-10-21
Fedora 基础设施 Meeting (Log) 2007-10-18
Fedora Localization Meeting 2007-10-16
Fedora 营销 Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report
Fedora Release Engineering Meeting 2007-MM-DD
- No Report