Arturo Fernandez is an entrepreneur, software engineer, technical writer and free/open software enthusiast.
His professional experience includes services as software engineer, consultant, sysadmin and project mananager working for companies like Enagas, Credit Suisse Spain, Andago, AOL Spain and Twinsoft/Compaq.
Arturo uses GNU/Linux since 1997, his first distro was Red Hat 4. Nowadays he uses Debian GNU/Linux for servers and Fedora for desktops and workstations.
In 2008 he worked at Universidad de Jaen like associate professor in the Department of Electronic Engineering and Automatic. Arturo writes technical articles for magazines like Todo Linux, Free Software Magazine, Linux+DVD, Mundo Linux, Rails Magazine and Linux Magazine since 2001.
At present time he lives with his wife, computers and gadgets in a small town in Andalucia, Spain. His friends always are asking: Why are you talking always about Linux?
- Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC: #fedora-ambassadors
- GPG key: 29DA12CB
- Fedora Account: arturofernandez
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/arturofm
- Facebook: Arturo Fernandez Montoro
- To prepare a workshop/talk about Fedora to Open Source World Conference. This event will be in Malaga (Spain) on October 27-29th. I'm thinking in two different ideas for sending to call for papers. One of them is a workshop about how to install and how to use Fedora for desktop. Other is a keynote about Fedora Project beyond the distro.
Activities within Fedora
I'd like to become an Fedora Ambassador spreading knowledge about this fantastic distro. Usually a lot of people as friends and customers asking me about what distro is best for them. In my opinion Fedora is one of the best distros for PC and workstations and it's great for beginners.
I can contact to different universities in Andalucia (Spain) to organize workshops and conferences about Fedora. I worked as teacher in Universidad de Jaén (Andalucia, Spain) so this issue is easy for me.