- 1 FC6Theme Modifications
- 1.1 Wallpaper
- 1.2 Screen 1: Anaconda Prompt Screen
- 1.3 Screen 2: Anaconda Header and Title
- 1.4 Screen 3: GRUB (Grand Unified Bootloader)
- 1.5 Screen 4: RHGB (Red Hat Graphical Boot)
- 1.6 Screen 5: Anaconda Installation Wizard
- 1.7 Screen 6: GDM (Gnome Display Manager)
- 1.8 GNOME Splash Screen
- 1.9 KDE Splash Screen
- 1.10 GNOME Screensaver Lock Dialog
Post comments for Fedora Core 6 theme modification here.
- Needs to be lighter
Lighter would be better.
- Appears too dark on various moinitors...make lighter (and friendlier?)
DianaFong 9/21: modified lighter backgrounds
Screen 1: Anaconda Prompt Screen
The quality of this 16 color image is struggling. I suggest we explore alternatives.
" DianaFong 9/21: following JohnBaer's example , a cleaner version is created with .svg solid color ribbon shapes
Screen 2: Anaconda Header and Title
two pieces...anaconda_header + anaconda_title
- "Fedora" text is Anaconda image has a 3D blend while the rest of them don't
DianaFong: will look into this...and also will elimiate the strand coming through the "a".
Top banner looks good.
I agree with Diana's assestment. Besides removing the strand through the "a" I thought the blue reflection of "fedora" was nice.
DianaFong 9/21: elimiated the strand coming through the "a" and replaced 3D "fedora" text blend with a more flat look to fit in with the rest of the set.
Screen 3: GRUB (Grand Unified Bootloader)
This images suffers here as the syslinux-splash image. What ever solution is implemented there should be applied here.
When you want to select an OS in GRUB's list, the selection bar is dark and hardly visible on a dark background. Quite annoying.
DianaFong 9/21: created a brighter GRUB to accommodate the dark selection bar. Also discovered a new approach to dealing with the 16 color limit by picking up the highlights and allowing the white and background color to create a 3D look without the use of too many additional colors...leading to less dithering and whanot.
Screen 4: RHGB (Red Hat Graphical Boot)
two pieces...system-logo (logo appearing at the bottom right) + rhgb-closed (graphic appearing in the center when not in full text mode)
- blue progress bar in RHGB doesnt match the rest of the blue in the image.
DianaFong: will redo rhgb-closed
The image of FC 5 blends completely into the background color of the screen. I suggest this image use more of the background color as shown here and perhaps feather the edge.
DianaFong 9/21: Got rid of background in the image. Blurred the edges of the strands for a more gradual blend to the background color of the screen.
Screen 5: Anaconda Installation Wizard
left side graphics
Looks good :)
DianaFong 9/21: Updated a little for consistency to the final look.
Screen 6: GDM (Gnome Display Manager)
aka login screen
- If you enter a wrong password on the GDM, the message is misaligned too far to the left.
- "password" text zone is plain too small for some translations (they're not all as concise as english)
DianaFong: will fix
GNOME Splash Screen
extension-splash...currently turned off by default but should provide graphic
KDE Splash Screen
GNOME Screensaver Lock Dialog
Using generic in FC6 release
DianaFong 9/21: In response to PaulFrields tireless effort. It will, however, be off by default.