This is the nomination page for Fedora Board elections.
In June 2009 there are three seats up for election.
Tom Callaway (spot)
- Goal Statement: To increase the visibility of Fedora and encourage a community of contributors rather than simply one of consumers.
- Past work summary: I am seeking re-election to the Fedora Board, it will be my second term. I am currently employed by Red Hat (since 2001). I am the Fedora Engineering Manager inside Red Hat, leading a team of full-time Fedora contributors working at Red Hat, and acting as a liason between Red Hat and the community. I have been active in Fedora since its inception, serving on FESCo, chairing the Fedora Packaging Committee, and acting as the Fedora Legal point of contact. I generated the Secondary Architecture guidelines, and have advised the Fedora Board on related matters. I have more than 320 packages in Fedora, and I represent Fedora proudly at public events as part of the Fedora Ambassador team. I'm also involved with Fedora release engineering, and general troubleshooting that needs doing. I'm coordinating efforts on the Fedora Community project, and on top of all of that, I'm leading the Fedora SPARC effort. :)
- Future Plans: Continuing growth in Secondary Architectures, simplifying Packaging Guidelines, growing Fedora Infrastructure, spreading the Fedora message to the FOSS community at large. I want to improve Fedora and continue to make it a fun and exciting place to participate.
- Anything else: Ninjas. Lots of them. A ninja army. So many ninjas, you can't see them from space.
Josh Boyer (jwb)
- Goal statement: Work to actively balance the needs of our user base with the resources we have. Leverage community interests to promote Fedora where it has not traditionally been used (e.g. Secondary Architectures.) Encourage all Fedora users to contribute in one form or another.
- Past work summary: Member of FESCo for a number of years. Member of Rel-Eng. Maintain a small number of packages. Part of the PowerPC Arch team.
- Future plans: Attempt to help educate, encourage, and enable our community members to continually improve Fedora.
- Anything else you want to add: I speak only for myself, not my employer, unless otherwise noted. If you have questions for me, feel free to email me or ask them on IRC.
Mike McGrath (mmcgrath)
- Goal statement: Assist in forming a clearer project goal for better market differentiation and focus of our base with a sub goal of volunteer independence and power.
- Past work summary: Fedora Infrastructure, some packaging, various odds and ends of things that need to get done
- Future plans: Keep the lights on and make the lights feature rich and close to upstream. Continue to grow areas of the Fedora Project which do not include it's flagship product Fedora the operating system. For example, fedorahosted.org.
- Anything else you want to add: I spend all day and the majority of my free time on Fedora, it makes me happy to know I'm not the only one doing that.
David Nalley (ke4qqq)
- Goal statement: To promote further growth in community ownership and contribution.
- Past work summary: Member of FAmSCo. Ambassador for several years representing Fedora at LUGs and conferences. maintainer of a few packages. Docs Project contributor.
- Future plans: Ensuring that the ideals Fedora holds are heard outside of the project. Continued grown of Fedora's contributor base. Ensuring that barriers to ownership are as low as pragmatic and that existing contributors continue to find Fedora a rewarding place to contribute
- Anything else you want to add: Move right along, nothing to see here
- Goal statement: To help enable everyone to reach there personal goals in fedora
- Past work summary: Former board member, Fesco member, EPEL Founder, Secondary arches implementer, OLPC , Infrastructure, spacewalk, general wrangler, package maintainer.
- Future plans: Ensure that Fedora continues to reach into new markets and that is seen as the best platform for new open source development.
- Anything else you want to add: I work really hard on those things I believe in.
Name (IRC nickname)
- Goal statement:
- Past work summary:
- Future plans:
- Anything else you want to add: