AArch64 KDE Plasma Desktop image
Add an AArch64 KDE Plasma Desktop spin images to the set of deliverables in Fedora 34.
- Name: Neal Gompa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Product: KDE Plasma
- Responsible WG: KDE SIG
- Targeted release: Fedora 34
- Last updated: 2020-12-07
- FESCo issue: #2498
- Tracker bug: #1897235
- Release notes tracker: #604
We currently offer Workstation, Xfce, Minimal and Server images for use with AArch64 computers. We would like to add a variant offering the KDE Plasma Desktop.
Benefit to Fedora
Better user experience and an additional desktop choice for AArch64 computers.
- Proposal owners: The KDE SIG will make the kickstart and pungi changes needed to support adding the aarch64 image and iso to the compose.
- Other developers: N/A
- Release engineering: Enable building of the AArch64 KDE desktop images. Small tweaks may be required to the pungi configs or fedora kickstarts but those will be completed by the SIG and sent as pull requests. Issue#9815
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
No upgrade compatibility required, this is a new image variant.
How To Test
Testing can be completed on any supported AArch64 computer using the existing arm-image-installer. Any additional instructions will be added to the ARM installation documentation.
Users will have increased choice in desktop offerings for AArch64 computers. Those who wish to use the KDE Plasma Desktop on AArch64 computers will have an easy option to use.
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency mechanism: N/A
- Contingency deadline: N/A
- Blocks release? No
- Blocks product? No
All documentation will be added or updated via the ARM Landing Page.