Upgrade to Bundler 2.0, the latest stable gem version.
- Targeted release: Fedora 31
- Last updated: 2019-07-30
- Tracker bug: #1734536
- Release notes tracker: #368
Bundler 2 is new major upstream release, that includes many improvements and bug fixes.
Benefit to Fedora
Keeping with a latest release, Bundler is enabling simple Ruby application dependency managemenent.
- Proposal owners:
- Move Bundler 1.16 to rubygem-bundler1 (sub)package.
- Build Bundler 2.0. Current changes: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rubygem-bundler/pull-request/5
- Work has been done in a Copr repository: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pvalena/rubygem-bundler/
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: #
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
All applications and Gemfiles that currently work with Bundler 1 will continue to work with Bundler 2.
* Dropped support for end of lifed Ruby versions 1.8.7 through 2.2 * Dropped support for end of lifed RubyGems versions 1.3.6 through 2.5 * Moved error messages from STDOUT to STDERR
How To Test
- No special hardware is needed.
- Install Bundler 2
- Create new applications as before
- If something doesn't work as it should, let us know.
New features that come with Bundler 2.0 will be available. Current version will be available as rubygem-bundler1.
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency mechanism: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks product? N/A (not a System Wide Change)