MLT is a LGPL multimedia framework designed for video editing
Update MLT to version 7.4 (latest version)
- Name: Sérgio Basto
- Email: email@example.com
- Targeted release: Fedora Linux 36
- Last updated: 2022-02-07
- devel thread
- FESCo issue: #2738
- Tracker bug: #2050376
- Release notes tracker: #798
Update of MLT from v6 to v7 breaks the builds, binaries changed the name and devel files changed the location , authors argue that facilitates have 2 versions of MLT at same time, but I personally don't want keep 2 versions of MLT because MLT just have 3 or 5 projects that use it.
Benefit to Fedora
Up-to-date MLT, synfig and synfigstudio releases will be delivered to Fedora users.
- Other developers: Nicolas Chauvet
- Release engineering: #Releng issue number
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Objectives:
We need update ETL , synfig and synfigstudio from version 1.40 to version 1.5.1 .
webvfx (THE PROJECT IS DEPRECATED BY THE MLT TEAM AND NO LONGER MAINTAINED) we may retire it or build it without MLT support.
How To Test
Run the new synfigstudio and work with it, testing the tasks that user already did with the previous version
They will have updated tools
Already explained on Upgrade/compatibility impact
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) (not a System Wide Change) report upstream and apply fixes ASAP
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? No (not a System Wide Change)
and blog it self https://www.mltframework.org/blog/