MinGW OpenSSL 3.x update
Update OpenSSL for MinGW to version 3.x
- Name: Sandro Mani
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 37
- Last updated: 2022-02-17
- devel thread
- FESCo issue: #2756
- Tracker bug: #2055724
- Release notes tracker: #807
mingw-openssl will be updated to version 3.x. The following dependencies will be rebuilt:
- mingw-spice-gtk (will be updated to version 0.39)
- mingw-spice-protocol (will be updated to 0.14.3)
Benefit to Fedora
Ship up-to-date OpenSSL libraries for MinGW.
- Proposal owners: mingw-openssl will be updated and the mentioned dependencies rebuilt.
- Other developers: No action required
- Release engineering: Mass rebuild requested
- Policies and guidelines: No policies need to be changed
How To Test
If your application uses OpenSSL to communicate via TLS or perform other tasks that use cryptographic algorithms from OpenSSL, please test whether it continues to work properly. This should be covered by the comprehensive upstream testsuite of OpenSSL. However many dependent packages also provide good test coverage of OpenSSL functionality.
There should be no impact on end-user experience.
- Contingency mechanism: Revert to older versions of environment / toolchain, mass rebuild mingw packages again
- Contingency deadline: Before release
- Blocks release? Yes
- Blocks product? No
Fedora 37 comes with mingw-openssl-3.x.