MinGW toolchain update
Update the MinGW toolchain to the latest upstream stable releases.
- Name: Sandro Mani
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 39
- Last updated: 2023-03-09
- devel thread
- FESCo issue: #2962
- Tracker bug: #2176849
- Release notes tracker: #970
The following packages will be updated
- mingw-gcc to version 13.x
- mingw-binutils to version 2.40
Benefit to Fedora
Ship the latest available GNU toolchain for MinGW.
- Proposal owners:
The above mentioned packages will be updated. Build failures following the mass rebuild will be inspected.
- Other developers:
Help with build failures may be requested.
- Release engineering: Impact check 
- Release engineering: Mass rebuild requested
- Policies and guidelines: No policies need to be changed
How To Test
Update the system once the updated packages land, look out for new build failures etc.
The features of the newest GNU Toolchain will be available to MinGW users.
- Contingency mechanism: Revert to older versions of environment / toolchain, mass rebuild mingw packages again
- Contingency deadline: Before release
- Blocks release? Yes
- Blocks product? No
Fedora 39 comes with the mingw-gcc-13 and mingw-binutils-2.40.