A Fedora Spin for promoting and supporting internet citizenship and citizen engagement. .
- Name: Corey Leong, MNM, MA*
- Email: cleong at fedoraproject dot org
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 23
- Last updated: 2014-07-14
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
Fedora Netizen is an open source operating system for enabling internet citizens, also known as netizens, to engage online services and communities. Fedora Netizen includes software packages for focusing on civic engagement and internet safety features related to cybersecurity and online privacy.
Nonprofit Organizations and public agencies will benefit from Fedora Netizen by switching to free open source software (FOSS) for running on workstations and laptops. Fedora Netizen empowers netizens with their online activism for changing the world with the help of open source software.
Benefit to Fedora
In an effort to benefit Fedora, Netizen's marketing goal is to expose the spin project to new users not yet targeted such as:
- Political Advocates
In addition, organizations and institutions in the public and charity sectors are ideal entities for gaining new users and new installations. The following are Netizen potentials:
- Government Agencies
- Political Action Committees
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Research Institutes
As development continues, new types of users, organizations, and sectors may be identified for maximizing future marketing efforts of Netizen and its beneficial features as an ideal operating system and open source software solution.
A Netizen theme is the final requirement to be developed per marketing department support of a look and feel in order to replace the current default theme. This is an isolated change.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: Add spin to spin-kickstarts, ensure spin has been tested, and release with rest of spins
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
Not applicable. This change is not a System Wide Change.
How To Test
Test booting and usage of live CD, installation from live CD, and resulting installed system.
Users' needs will be the central focus regarding included packages within the spin.
- Trademark approval by Fedora Council is required.
- Contingency mechanism: Minimize included packages by excluding uncompleted features for final development freeze.
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks product? N/A