Remove all the deprecated 389-console packages: 389-console, 389-ds-console, 389-admin-console, 389-dsgw, 389-admin, and 389-adminutil. These packages are for the old JAVA UI for 389 Directory Server. We have a new web UI that is replacing these java packages.
- Name: Mark Reynolds
- Email: email@example.com
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 31
- Last updated: 2019-03-20
- Tracker bug: #1691090
- Release notes tracker: #311
The java packages have alreayd been deprecated, and we'd like toremove them in F31(rawhide)
Benefit to Fedora
Cleaning out old deprecated packages
- Proposal owners:
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: #Releng issue number (a check of an impact with Release Engineering is needed)
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
There are no manual changes that need to be done once this product is removed.
How To Test
The package should no longer be available
Users will no longer be able to use the old java UI, and they must now use the new cockpit UI plugin for managing the directory server.
There are no dependencies as we are trygin to remove the entire standalone product
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product
It has been announced upstream via maling lists tahtthe 389-consoel [package suite was being replaced by a cockpiut plugin. But there was no other type of announcement done yet.