Remove authselect-compat package
Authselect replaced authconfig tool in Fedora 28. To enable some level of backwards compatibility, it ships the authconfig command as a wrapper around authselect calls in package "authselect-compat". Authselect is now well adopted and the shim compatibility layer should be removed by removing the authselect-compat package.
- Name: Pavel Březina
- Email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Targeted release: Fedora Linux 35
- Last updated: 2021-07-06
- FESCo issue: #2626
- Tracker bug: #1979622
- Release notes tracker: #707
- authselect: remove the authselect-compat package
- pykickstart: remove support for authconfig
- anaconda: remove support for authconfig
"dnf repoquery --whatrequires" does not yield any package depending on authselect-compat nor authconfig.
Benefit to Fedora
The authconfig command will no longer be available, this will finish the replacement by authselect.
- Proposal owners:
authselect maintainers - Submit PR for anaconda/pykickstart to remove authconfig support and remove authselect-compat package from Fedora.
- Other developers:
anaconda/pykickstart maintainers - must accept the PR and push it to Fedora
- Release engineering: #10169
- Policies and guidelines: The policies and guidelines do not need to be updated.
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Objectives: N/A
The authselect-compat package will be removed, authconfig command will no longer be available.
How To Test
- authselect-compat package and authconfig command should no longer be available
- anaconda/kickstart should no longer support authconfig directive
Users that keeps using authconfig/authselect-compat will need to start using authselect directly.
No package depends on authconfig/authselect-compat. Authconfig is used by Anaconda/pykickstart and this support will be removed.
authselect-compat package stays.
- Contingency mechanism: authselect-compat package stays.
- Contingency deadline: Beta
- Blocks release? No
This is a simple packaging change, there is no additional documentation.
Authselect-compat package is removed, therefore authconfig command is no longer available. Users are encouraged to use its replacement, the authselect command.