ibus-fbterm enhancement for ibus 1.5
Update of ibus-fbterm to work with IBus 1.5. ibus-fbterm enables major features of ibus 1.5
- Name: Takao Fujiwara
- Email: tfujiwar [at] redhat [dot] com
- Release notes owner:
ibus-fbterm had not been updated for a while but now ibus-fbterm will enable major features with IBus 1.5.
- Show pre-edit text of input method.
- Show lookup table of input method.
- Bind Super-space to switch IBus IMEs(input method engines).
- Show IME switcher window.
- Run 'loadkeys' command to set XKB.
Benefit to Fedora
Users can input the their languages on console.
- Proposal owners:
- Implement the new ibus-fbterm
- Other developers: N/A
- Release engineering: N/A
- List of deliverables: N/A
- Policies and guidelines: N/A
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
How To Test
- Make sure fbterm and ibus-fbterm is installed.
- Run Fedora with run level 1 or 3 with frame buffer from Grub console. (Append 'vga=ask' of the line of "...vmlinuz...")
- Log into console with a user which has the permission to modify frame buffer likes 'root' user.
- Run 'ibus-fbterm' on the console shell.
- Run 'ibus engine' command and see the engine is enabled.
- Type Super-space and see the engine is switched.
- Type Super-space and Super-space and Enter key to select an IME on the switcher window.
frame buffer, console login, fbterm and ibus
- Contingency mechanism: Just drop the features.
- Contingency deadline: N/A
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? No