The libpinyin 2.8 will provide phrase suggestion candidate and longer pinyin candidate features.
- Name: Peng Wu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora Linux 38
- Last updated: 2022-12-19
- devel thread
- FESCo issue: #2915
- Tracker bug: #2155080
- Release notes tracker: #938
The phrase suggestion candidate feature will provide some candidates which will following the previous input.
The longer pinyin candidate feature will provide one phrase candidate which is longer than the pinyin input.
Benefit to Fedora
By speeding up the Chinese characters input, the features will improve the user experience for Chinese users when using Pinyin input method.
- Proposal owners:
- Release libpinyin 2.8 and ibus-libpinyin 1.15
- Update the Fedora libpinyin package to version 2.8.0
- Update the Fedora ibus-libpinyin package to version 1.15.0
- Other developers:
- Release engineering: #Releng issue number
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Objectives:
How To Test
For longer pinyin candidate feature, when user input "baiyun", one candidate longer than the pinyin input like "白云岩" will appear in the candidate list.
For phrase suggestion candidate feature, when user input "baiyun", and choose the "白云" candidate, the input method will switch to suggestion mode, and several suggestion candidates will appear, like "机场", "孤飞", "亲舍", etc.
The longer pinyin candidate and phrase suggestion candidate features will speed up the pinyin input when using the "Intelligent Pinyin" input method.
- Contingency mechanism: Revert the libpinyin and ibus-libpinyin package to the last stable version.
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
The libpinyin 2.8 package will make the pinyin input faster in the "Intelligent Pinyin" input method.