Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.1.x
- Name: Remi Collet and PHP SIG
- Email: remi at fedoraproject dot org
- Release notes owner:
Most of the work is done in my personal repository, see php71 repository for Fedora 24
All extensions compatible with PHP 7.0 are ready for PHP 7.1
PHP 7.1.0RC6 was built in rawhide on Nov 14th 2016, and mass rebuild of (most of) the C extensions.
PHP 7.1.0 was released and built in rawhide on Dec 1st.
Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.1.x.
- PHP 7.1.0RC6 was released Nov 10th
- PHP 7.1.0 is planed for end of year.
Compatibility for PHP code is very good.
PHP 7.1 is the first compatible version with OpenSSL 1.1.
Benefit to Fedora
Provides the latest PHP version to developers and system administrators.
- Proposal owners: Check Koschei status. Test with latest version to ensure compatibility. Work with upstream on bug fixing.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: needed mass rebuild (C extensions) done by change owner.
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
- The PHP stack (extensions and libraries) are monitored by Koschei, see the Koschei PHP group
- install and play with your web applications
Developers and system administrators will have the great benefit or running the latest PHP version.
All php-* packages (and some *-php)
- Contingency mechanism: Drop not compatible packages.
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product