Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.2.x
- PHP 7.2.0RC3 have been imported in Rawhide on October 3rd, 2017
- PHP 7.2.0RC4 have been imported in Rawhide on October 10th
- PHP 7.2.0RC5 have been imported in Rawhide on October 25th
- PHP 7.2.0RC6 have been imported in Rawhide on November 7th
- PHP 7.2.0 GA have been released and imported in Rawhide on November 30th
- all dependent packages have been rebuilt
- php-mcrypt is dropped from PHP, php-pecl-mcrypt is available for legacy applications
- On November 14th everything is "green" on Koschei
Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.2.x.
- PHP 7.2.0 is planed for end of year, which seems compatible with Fedora roadmap.
Compatibility for PHP code is very good.
Benefit to Fedora
Provides the latest PHP version to developers and system administrators.
- Proposal owners: Check Koschei status. Test with latest version to ensure compatibility. Work with upstream on bug fixing. Needed mass rebuild (C extensions) done by change owner.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: RelEng ticket #6846
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
- The PHP stack (extensions and libraries) are monitored by Koschei, see the Koschei PHP group
- install and play with your web applications
Developers and system administrators will have the great benefit or running the latest PHP version.
All php-* packages (and some *-php)
- Contingency mechanism: Drop not compatible packages.
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product