This page is a brief overview of communication tools and terms that can be used in Marketing projects.
FIXME -- It would be nice to give examples of how these terms apply to something within Fedora - an upcoming release, a feature, a project, etc. - working 12/05/2010 Nelson Marques
This article provides a practical example in which comments will be made through a tip box. We will use as theme for this article Fedora Linux Release X
The document should start with a brief presentation about the organization that is promoting the product/service.
The presentation of the product or service to promote
The analysis should contemplate the following:
- Characterization of the clients that consume the category of the product or service to promote (social-demographic, psicographic and situational characteristics).
- Information Processing: does the audience knows well, average or doesn't know the product/service?
- Degree of involvement from the client with the product/service to promote.
- Perceptions of the client facing the product or service and while facing the competitor products/services.
Definition of the goals to be reached with the Communication Plan and positioning (if the product/service already exists) or future (if the product/service doesn't exist or if it's changing positioning).
Selection and identification of the target audience.
Choosing the message (slogan, elevator/pitch speech - This means 30 second speech, images, videos, etc...). Consider several existing techniques and creativity strategies.
The components of the chosen "communication mix" (specify the channels and means of communication). What goals to reach with each one of them and with the mix itself. Tactics adopted for each of them and why.
- Is the internal audience involved in the plan?
- Is the image coherent with the adopted positioning?
- Cultural differences (in case the plan is addressed to an international community; when addressing to minorities, this is important).
Does the plan follow ethical principals and is socially responsible (from the scope of the communication campaign and through the product/service to promote.
Do we have legislation to follow regarding the communication campaign? Double importance on product/service. Are legal considerations respected?