(Redirected from CommunityArchitecture/Meetings/2008-02-04)
Max Spevack, Greg DeKoenigsberg, Jack Aboutboul
- Creative Commons payment schedule.
- gather survey results from FUDCon for RH management.
- Rahul Sundaram is putting together the workflow for localized spins via Board request.
- chat with art team about new artwork for shirts, etc.
- begin figuring out lwn subscription for Fedora community.
- guidelines for new codebases entering Fedora.
- figure out schedule for Paul in RDU next week.
- meeting with NC School of Science and Math re: project sponsorship -- possibility for Fedora intern.
- connect Jack with the work that Will Cohen is doing.
- continue work on Fedora TV, esp. infrastructure. Troubled, but moving along. Needs to be opened to community ASAP.
- chat with RH folks about turnkey global swag, eventually reporting back to Store SIG.
- get expense reports filed and reimburse interns for FUDCon.
- Feb/Mar University tour calendar -- coming together.
- what are our press goals? National and local.
- can we get people to donate swag? More people to contact.
- how do we follow up on interest/leads that we generate? Special mailing lists and personal/phone contact as necessary.
- Greg will be there. He has been in touch with Rodrigo Padula and David Barzilay and Greg will bring them money.
- Is there an engineer at Red Hat they would like to see there?
- Have localized spins (Brazilian Portugese) been created? If not, we'll create them.
University presentation (Jack)
- Greg suggests that it is a straight-up "change the world" recruiting pitch.
- Jack will have a slide deck/general mock-up of presentation for next week. Include "Truth Happens".
- Press proposal to Leigh's group this week.
- Talk to someone in HR about Red Hat swag to bring along.
- Talk to Mike Esser about bringing a video guy along somewhere.
Florida Linux Show (Jack)
- Jack needs to find out from Kyle what the Fedora area will actually be and look like.
- event report on Fedora planet.
- Greg met with Jennifer Venable (Online Services business/operations person). No business decision owner to force the remaining issues through legal.
- Option 1: continue to try to push through the negotiated deal. Unlikely without taking on ownership, which carries with it a lot of headaches.
- Option 2: click-through agreement that anyone can sign. Could be used to prove the larger case. start.fedoraproject.org is an exception from this standard agreement.
- Can we even own this? If we cannot, is it worth the pain to us to get it done?
- Jennifer is looking at the options, and will give us more information. Seems like it is a Fedora-only proposal at this point.
- Once we have more information and can make a clear recommendation to the Board, we will.
Global event calendar (Max)
- Need to promote this on one of the top Fedora pages. Add "meet" to fp.o.
- Continue to support GeroldKassube, solidify the budget requirements.
- continue FUDCon @ Boston Summit planning.
- finish LWN subscription stuff.
- finish (again) the Creative Commons stuff.
- look into the Windows Live USB work .
- promote events calendar on fedoraproject.org.
- continue LinuxTag logistics.
- follow up on tshirt creation (internationalized).
- find out how much money we have left to spend before end of February.
- have localized spins (Brazilian Portugese) been created?
- talk to HC about intern hiring age restrictions.
- Fedora TV on a test server in infrastructure.
- Is there an engineer at Red Hat who should be at FISL?
- finalize tour schedule and post calendar on the wiki.
- mock-up of presentation, including Truth Happens.
- get a quote on a new Fedora banner.
- get in touch with Kyle and finalize logistics of Florida Linux Show
- what will talk be like?
- get in touch with PR folks about what we want from them regarding press.
- email HR (perhaps Kelia Pless) about Red Hat swag to bring along.
- Talk to Mike Esser about trying to bring a video guy to an event.
- where do we throw resources, as they come available? Consolidate the various lists.
- Fedora TV, Mugshot, wiki gardening
- how will we allocate/determine what our interns do?
- how do we want to spend our remaining money for February?
- event kit
- can be automated by Red Hat.
- we'll have to deal with it ourselves.