With the further development of Design Suite there arises a need for clear Long Term Goals and this page currently serves as a page holder for these.
- 1 Goals
- 2 Tasks
- 2.1 Home video making and sharing
- 2.2 Photo editing and sharing
- 2.3 Presentation making
- 2.4 Fonts design
- 2.5 Comic strips drawing
- 2.6 Icons design
- 2.7 Collaborative artwork design
- 3 Marketing
- Define a concrete set of tasks one would want to do using Design Suite.
- For each task propose at least one example workflow of how to achieve it.
- For each task/workflow find and include a set of needed applications.
- For each workflow prepare a tutorial and put it on the spin.
- Prepare some templates that might be useful for the defined tasks
Home video making and sharing
Joe has been on a holidays trip with family and recorded a lot of content with his DV video camera. He wants to import the shots into the computer, do some cutting, add background music, … and make a video he can show his friends.
Photo editing and sharing
Minori was on a school trip to Kyōto and shot a lot of photos with her camera. She wants to edit them a little (fix perspective, red eyes, colours, …), organize and archive them, and publish some of them on web in a blog post (and/or face book?).
Ed is giving a presentation on a conference and he wants to prepare some slides to show.
Alice wants to design a font for her comic strips.
Comic strips drawing
Květa wants to draw a comic strip.
Pablo is going to design an icon for his favourite application.
Collaborative artwork design
Yujin wants to help with Fedora artwork so she downloaded some wallpaper WIP and decided to improve it.
Once the next version is underway in terms of image production, I'd love to see this be distributed at design events to introduce designers to FOSS... what's the plan for getting it in the hands of users? Please hit me or anyone else on the Marketing team up if you'd like to take this to an event, and we'd love to help you with a marketing strategy for this. Mel Chua 08:01, 13 July 2010 (UTC)