This page is for tracking progress on the packaging Eucalyptus 3.x in Fedora. We've been tracking this for three releases now, and the dependency packaging is mostly complete, except for Google Web Toolkit, which we can omit for now. Therefore, it's more useful for the top of this page to summarize the _other_ changes needed to make Eucalyptus build and run on Fedora 18.
Polish systemd units for eucalyptus services
There are three init scripts in eucalyptus:
- eucalyptus-cloud - starts a java service, which may be a Cloud Controller, Walrus, or Storage Controller
- eucalyptus-cc - starts a Cluster Controller (CC), which is a custom httpd instance with wso2-axis2 configured
- eucalyptus-nc - starts a Node Controller (NC), which is a custom httpd instance with wso2-axis2 configured
In Fedora 18, we provide systemd units which simple execute the old init scripts, which have been moved to /usr/libexec/eucalyptus. Ideally, the old init scripts should go away completely.
Create SELinux contexts/policies
Eucalyptus must run in permissive mode in Fedora 18. We need to work on policy that will allow it to run in enforcing mode.
Make Axis2/Java 1.6 work for code generation
The C code generated by Axis2/Java 1.6.0 does not work with Eucalyptus's currently defined handlers. Currently, one must use an Axis2/Java 1.4 package to build a tarball of generated code for inclusion in the eucalyptus package.
Fix the reporting module
There is a build issue in the reporting module due to the use of Guava 9 in the upstream Eucalyptus build. For now, the module has been disabled.
Enable the admin console
The admin console is based on GWT, which is not yet in Fedora. It may not be worth the time to build it, though, as Eucalyptus intends to phase out the GWT-based UI.
These are the packages still in progress which are necessary for the Eucalyptus build:
|27||gwt||2.4.0||arg||Clean-up Required||Required for admin console|
|36||josql||2.2||gil||In Rawhide||ActiveMQ deps|
|47||mqtt-client||1.3||gil||In Rawhide||ActiveMQ deps|
|48||groovy-gram||1.2||RHBZ #846561||gil||Awaiting Review||ActiveMQ deps|
|49||pax-logging||1.6.9||gil||In Rawhide||ActiveMQ deps|
|50||sitemesh||2.4.2||gil||Skipped||ActiveMQ deps. This package was removed from review request queue.|
|51||apache-commons-primitives||1.1||gil||In Rawhide||ActiveMQ deps|
|52||felix-fileinstall||3.2.0||gil||In Rawhide||Apache Karaf deps|
|53||felix-webconsole||4.0.0||RHBZ #855193||gil||Skipped||Apache Karaf deps|
|54||hawtbuf||1.9||gil||In Rawhide||mqtt-client deps|
|55||hawtdispatch||1.11||gil||In Rawhide||mqtt-client deps|
|56||oscache||2.4.1||gil||Skipped||Hibernate 3.x deps (module of the same name). This package was removed from review request queue.|
|57||swarmcache||1.0||gil||Skipped||Hibernate 3.x deps (module of the same name). This package was removed from review request queue.|
|59||classmate||0.5.4||gil||In Rawhide||An Hibernate 4.x dependency. module hibernate-core|
|60||karaf||2.2.5||gil||Skipped||ActiveMQ deps. This package was removed from review request queue.|
|61||gemini-blueprint||1.0.2||gil||In Rawhide||ActiveMQ deps|
|62||springframework-ws||2.0.5.RELEASE||gil||In Rawhide||ActiveMQ deps|
|63||camel||2.10.4||RHBZ #968136||gil||Awaiting Review||ActiveMQ deps|
Optional dependencies and sub-dependencies
Enough of ActiveMQ is built for Eucalyptus to function. Packages mentioned here are only necessary to activate more of the activemq modules.
ActiveMQ 5.6.0 dependencies:
- activesoap jaxp-api (replace with glassfish-jaxb-api)
- camel 2.9.2 or major, http://camel.apache.org/ (required modules: camel-core, camel-jetty, camel-jms, camel-spring)
- TODO jrms
- karaf, module org.apache.karaf.shell.console
- TODO fuse-extra (module fusemq-leveldb)
- TODO pax-exam 1.x
- sitemesh 2.4.2
- gemini-blueprint see http://www.springsource.org/osgi (spring-osgi).
- xbean 3.9 or major: maven-xbean-plugin, TODO xbean-blueprint (see RHBZ #849955) and xbean-spring modules
- etc. (I am unsure of the full dep chain at this time