Event announcement SOP
This is a Marketing SOP that describes how to write an announcement about Fedora's participation at an upcoming Event.
You can see examples of past TYPE_OF_DELIVERABLES at LINK_TO_REPOSITORY_OF_SIMILAR_DELIVERABLES.
Gather information about the upcoming Event, Fedora's association with the event, Fedora's planned activities at the event, and contributors participation at the event.
- Check out the Event's event wikipage
- Will Fedora have a booth at the event?
- Will there be talks or other specific activities at the booth?
- Is Fedora hosting any other activities at the event?
- Are any Fedora contributors giving talks, conducting workshops, being honored, hosting BoFs, etc.?
- Will Fedora, its features, its contributions, or community members be highlighted at the event?
- Review the Event's webpage
- Note any important dates such as a Call for Papers (CFP) deadline, when registration opens and closes, and other dates of interest.
- Are there any additional talks, activities, etc. occurring at the event that would be of interest to the Fedora community?
Write the event announcement
- Include links to additional information (Event's event wikipage, Ambassador meeting agendas, registration/CFP forms)
- Remind contributors to add their information and ideas to the Event's wikipage if they are attending the Event or want to participate in planning Fedora's activities at the event.
Send the announcement to the marketing list.
Improve this SOP!
If you see a way to improve this SOP, please go ahead and edit the page - you don't need to ask for anyone's permission. Read more about our contribution philosophy here.