Fedora Extras Steering Committee
27 October 2005
- Greg DeKoenigsberg
- Jeremy Katz
- Jesse Keating
- Elliot Lee
- Thorsten Leemhuis
- Dams Nade
- Enrico Scholz
- Warren Togami
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Seth Vidal
- Colin Charles
- Ville Skytta
- Package purging. Seth hasn't had a chance to look at, will get to before next week
- Account expiration. Still awaiting update from Colin
- Sponsorship. Jeremy notes that having more regular runs of Elliot's metrics would help a ton in this.
- Elliot says the networking for fedora stuff is about to be changing and we'll be able to start doing logins for build machines, etc. More to come in the future.
- Long discussion about Legacy and use of fedora systems. Greg will take to the Foundation board
- Kernel module packaging proposal
- General direction is good
- File list. Jeremy feels we shouldn't paper over rpm bugs with spec magic and commits some time to looking at the rpm bug (#158577)
- Targeting right now >= devel (FC5). Once we have things working, we'll look at backporting necessary pieces to FC4-updates
- Use of ExclusiveArch for architectures seems reasonable
- Creation of debuginfo packages. Might make sense to create a convenience macro. Probably needs to be in redhat-rpm-config if so
- Thomas asked about parallel install of kernel-devel stuff. Jeremy thinks this is fine, if not, file a bug and cc him.
- SRPM naming... having one SRPM per kernel version is no fun for mirror space, but probably the right thing to do.
- Requirement between userspace and kmod can probably just be version based.
- thl will update based on feedback and we'll try to get some closure. Jeremy is going to talk with davej about it.