From Fedora Project Wiki
This is the main page for FAD Fedora Warao 2013 startup, which is a FAD focused on Fedora Warao.
- Our purpose is to build Fedora Warao l10n/i18n team with the following primary goals:
- Add Warao to glibc (wba)
- Train translators
- Train members of the Warao team in the use of free software through fedora in order to keep the language alive. Empowering the 3390 decree.
- Setup infrastructure for new language wba including resources such as mailing lists, etc.
- In addition, we will attempt to complete the following secondary goals as time allows:
- Train on packaging to complement
- Train on Fedora Documentation Project
- Train on developing apps with l10n/i18n support.
See the How to organize a FAD list; you can keep your to-do list here.
Completed work item
- Work out budget
- Decide on Dates and Location
- Arrange Facilities
- List Resources
- Arrange Lodging
- Arrange Refreshments
- Arrange a Social Event
- Location: UNEFA-Delta Amacuro, Tucupita, Delta Amacuro State, Venezuela.
- Dates: : December 13th-14th 2013
- Day 1, December 13th, 9am to 5pm
- Introduction, welcome.
- Warao in glibc, the starting point, a new language in Linux.
- Building wba team in i18n/l10n.
- Fedora infrastructure and resources build up.
- Introduction to software translation
- Transifex and Fedora
- Day 2, December 14th, 9am to 5pm
- git introduction.
- Packaging workshop.
- ¿Anaconda in Warao?
- Deciding major pieces of software to start translating
- Publican and Fedora Documentation Project, creating Fedora Documentation in Warao.
- Day 1, December 13th, 9am to 5pm
- Guillermo Gómez (Caracas/Venezuela, trainner) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Eduardo Echeverría (Valencia/Venezuela, trainner) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Carlos Marcano (Maturin/Venezuela, local organizer) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Gomix, Caracas/Maturín Conviasa 833 Bs. ~ 132.25 US$ , Aserca 1.173 Bs. (186.25 US$), Venezolana (1.127 Bs. ~179 US$), Rutaca 1.160.00 Bs. ~ 184 US$
- Echevemaster, Valencia/Maturín Conviasa 833 Bs. ~ 132.25 US$ , Aserca 1.173 Bs. (186.25 US$), Venezolana (1.127 Bs. ~179 US$), Rutaca 1.160.00 Bs. ~ 184 US$ (**)
- Total = 1.666 Bs. ~ 264.50 US$ (Conviasa)
- Total = 2.254 Bs. ~ 358.00 US$ (Venezolana)
- Total = 2.346 Bs. ~ 372.50 US$ (Aserca)
- Gomix, Maturín/Tucupita 240 Bs. (roundtrip)
- Echevemaster, Maturín/Tucupita 240 Bs. (roundtrip)
- Pelobravo, Maturín/Tucupita 240 Bs. (roundtrip)
- Total = 720 Bs ~ 114.30 US$
- Check in Aug.15th.
- Check out Auth 18th.
- 3 single rooms.
- 3 attendants (4days/3nights) = 1.600 Bs. ~ 254 US$
- Posada Turística Los Manglares
- Every attendee will take care of this.
Snacks/Beverages as Lunch/refreshment/hydration:
- d1 : 3 snacks/sandwichs/beverage = 270 Bs.
- d2 : 3 snacks/sandwichs/beverage = 270 Bs.
- d3 : 3 snacks/sandwichs/beverage = 270 Bs.
- Total = 810 Bs ~ 128.73 US$
- d0 : 3 dinners = hamburgers/drink = 225 Bs.
- d1 : 3 dinners = hamburgers / drink = 225 Bs.
- d2 : 3 dinners << social event pending to define with the whole crew of Fedora Warao = pizzas/drink = 825
- Total = 1275 Bs ~ 202.63 US$
- Travel: $A for airfare, bus, train, etc. funding needed to get attendees to the FAD
- Airfare from Caracas/Valencia > Maturin ~ 740 US$ (2 persons)
- Bus tickets Maturin > Tucupita ~ 115 (3 persons)
- $A = 855 US$
- Housing: $B for hotel, needed to have attendees sleep during the FAD ~ 254 US$
- Supplies: $D for anything else you may need
- Snacks/beverages 130 US$
- Dinners 200 US$
- $C = 330 US$
Total budget: $A + $B +C = 855 + 254 + 330 = 1.439 US$