FOSDEM 2010 Project Charter
This page is related to FOSDEM 2010 Project Preparation.
: For more details about the event in itself, please go to Fedora Events: FOSDEM 2010 in Brussels, Belgium related wiki page.
: For more details about the organization in itself, please go to FOSDEM 2010 Project Management details related wiki page.
Project Charter - DRAFT - ( Mon Sep 14 2009 )
Project Description: FOSDEM'10 Organization
The FODEM is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community, for the community. Its goal is to provide Free and Open Source developers a place to meet.
So the project's aims are Fedora community was represented and presents its projects to other communities as well as permit to the Fedora community members to meet each other physically and thus strengthen relations.
It includes :
- Devroom and Booths reservations.
- Speakers Invitations
- Speakers and Fedora community accommodation.
- Fedora goodies & DVD ordering
- Local, French and Nederlands Press Invitations.
- Local IT Professional Invitations.
and so on so for...
- Hostel, restaurant recommendations and nightlife information on request.
Assigned Project Manager and Authority Level:
Frederic Hornain, Bert Desmet and Vincent Van der Kussen have the authority to use dedicated money and resources to accomplish this goal.
Summary Milestone Schedule:
5th, 6th and 7th of February 2009Fosdem 2009 - three days -
External Assumptions and Constraints:
- Project Budget amount has not been clearly defined.
- Every details and correspondence would be published on the Fedora wiki page https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSDEM_2010
- As the project would be freely done, no claim from the sponsor could be requested at the end of the project if this one did not target one or more of its goal(s).
The project will be a sound of investment for Fedora and Red Hat communities. if the project is planned and executed properly, benefits will be :
- A mean for EMEA Fedora and Red Hat Community to meet each others physically.
- A opportunity to show and explain and share new projects to others communities.
- An occasion to explain the Fedora/Red Hat characteristics to visitors.
- A way to see, discuss and share opinions and readjust strategies.
- Well, a chance to build better open source solutions