Feature Name Aeolus Conductor
Aeolus Conductor (http://aeolusproject.org) is a cross-cloud IaaS platform.
- Name: Chris Lalancette, Mo Morsi
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 16
- Last updated: 2011-05-25
- Percentage of completion: 100%
- Packages necessary: Package List
- 2011-07-29 - Patches for rails 3 have landed, and been built into rawhide and F-16. Based on fesco ticket 652, this package is now ready for inclusion in F-16.
- 2011-07-25 - All packages are accepted (save one which just needs to get built now). Still waiting on the Rails 3 code port, though that is largely complete
- 2011-07-20 - Most dependencies are in. Still waiting for 8 packages to be finished, and Rails 3 code port
- 2011-07-13 - Large numbers of packages committed to Fedora. Still waiting on Rails 3 code port and ~10 additional packages
- 2011-05-25 - Initial Feature submission
Aeolus is an umbrella for a number of cloud related projects. The projects all come together to create the Conductor, a Web UI and tools for managing cloud instances across heterogeneous clouds. For instance, a user can build and launch instances into EC2, RHEV-M, and Rackspace all from the same UI.
Benefit to Fedora
Allow Fedora to have a hybrid cloud-management stack.
Get all dependencies into Fedora, and test the project end-to-end.
How To Test
Install all dependencies. Once installed, run "aeolus-configure" as root to configure the system. Once aeolus-configure has completed, login to the host at http://some.host.org/conductor and test the UI end-to-end, including building images, uploading images to specific clouds, and launching instances in the clouds. More information is available at the Aeolus User Documentation page.
Aeolus Conductor will allow users to easily create and deploy instances on a variety of cloud backends, all through the same UI.
Many. See Missing Packages.
If all of the packages do not make it in time for Fedora-16, we are carrying local packages in Fedorapeople.org repos. Whatever dependencies don't make it for Fedora-16 can get added for Fedora-17.
Aeolus project home page Aeolus about page Aeolus user documentation page
The Aeolus Conductor is a web UI and tools to create and manage cloud instances across a wide variety of cloud types, all from the same UI. More information about the UI and what is supported is available at the Aeolus home page.
Comments and Discussion
If you need help, please contact us.|