Re-base to the NetBeans 6.9.
- Name: Victor G. Vasilyev
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 14
- Last updated: 2010-08-01
- Percentage of completion: 100%
Latest successful Koji builds:
NetBeans IDE 6.9 is a significant update of NetBeans IDE 6.8.
NetBeans IDE 6.9 introduces OSGi interoperability for NetBeans Platform applications and support for developing OSGi bundles with Maven; support for JavaFX SDK 1.3 with new JavaFX Composer, a visual layout tool for visually building JavaFX GUI applications, similar to the Swing GUI builder for Java SE applications, also support for PHP Zend framework, and Ruby on Rails 3.0; as well as improvements to the Java Editor, Java Debugger, issue tracking, and more.
For more about this release, see:
Benefit to Fedora
- Latest features of the NetBeans will be available to developers on the Fedora platform.
- The NetBeans is a driver on the Fedora platform for technologies and projects that are based on Java, including Maven, OSGi (Apache Felix project), and more.
- Update the
package up to version 6.9. DONE
How To Test
All the NetBeans components are shipped for Fedora after full in-house test cycle. Java platform on Fedora has passed tests of the Java Compatibility Kit. Therefore, there are minimal risks that behavior of the NetBeans will be changed if the components are correctly installed. Hence, additionally required tests should be focused on the following aspects:
- Meeting the NetBeans packages with common requirements for the Fedora packages.
- Installation of the NetBeans packages and all related packages on a target version of the Fedora platform.
- Launching the NetBeans IDE via both Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Installation of additional NetBeans modules via an ad hoc Update Center that is established by NetBeans for its Fedora distribution.
The NetBeans IDE is oriented on wide audience of developers from beginners up to experts. Each of them can find useful set of the development tools that are embedded in the IDE or can be integrated with. The NetBeans IDE is the modular system and it can be configured according to user needs.
The NetBeans Platform provides a generic framework for robust and extensible Java applications with the modular architecture and the GUI based on the Swing. All tools required for development of application are included in the NetBeans IDE.
See Dependency tree in Bugzilla.
None necessary. Both the NetBeans IDE and the NetBeans Platform extend a stack of the Java applications/libraries on the Fedora platform.
The NetBeans is shipped with the on-line documentation in forms of JavaDoc, JavaHelp, HTML and textual files. Prepared packages provide all this documentation.
See the section Detailed Description for info about essential changes in the NetBeans release.
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:Features/NetBeans_6.9
- Please, use the following mailing lists for:
- See also: