Network Team driver - Update for new features
Network Team driver allows multiple network interfaces to be teamed together and act like a single one. This update adds several kind of new features to it.
- Name: Jiri Pirko
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 2012-01-29
- Percentage of completion: 20%
The goal is to extend current Team driver experience in Fedora. In order to do that, following features will be implemented:
- ARP link validation over VLAN
- Transmit hashing involving L4 headers
- Support for NICs which do now allow mac change on run
- Load balancing support for incoming traffic
- Corrected carrier detection
Benefit to Fedora
The benefit is in fact that Fedora will be providing more complete network teaming solution.
Team driver is quite isolated, and does not impact other areas.
How To Test
Every newly added feature needs to be tested according to its functionality. No special hardware needed. teamd package needs to be installed.
User will not experience any difference comparing to existing state. Only there is new possibility to use newly added Team driver features.
None necessary, revert to previous release behaviour.
New features are added to Team driver. All changes are backward compatible so current users of Team drivers should not experience any difficulties.