iPod Touch/iPhone Music Sync
- iphone_get_specific_device() needs to be added from Patrick's tree
- move libiphone-initconf into the library, making sure it's thread-safe
- had to manually remove
~/.config/libiphone/<device serial>.pembefore trying to mount the device. Does that file change? lockdown didn't work if the file was still around
Work-around would be to remove that file if it was older than one of the created files.
- the wrong device seems to get tagged with "afc" in HAL, needs fixing
- libgpod should recognise jailbroken trees, which have the same tree but hidden within a few more depths
- libgpod already knows to look in different places for its files, adding the full path to iTunes_Control on jailbroken devices to libgpod/src/itdb_itunesdb.c:itdb_get_control_dir should get things mostly working (it seems there are a few path related bugs on iphones but I never got a proper bug report) - Teuf 16:18, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- libgpod should be able to change the DBVersion as the [work-around suggests] when presented with a jailbroken tree. Probably would need to use libplist.
- libgpod should have API for front-ends to be able to pass the Firewire ID of the device
- libgpod's HAL callout should export the Firewire ID through HAL (as Podsleuth does)
- see http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~teuf/libgpod/log/?h=podsleuth , it improves libgpod HAL callout to be a dropin replacement for podsleuth, the keys are in a separate namespace for now, so I haven't tested if banshee can talk to it, but podsleuth/libgpod output was identical in lshal last time I tried. My current plan is to merge this branch for libgpod 0.7.4 (0.7.2 will be released soon, 0.7.4 will be the release after) - Teuf 16:18, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- right now the device needs to be rebooted for the "Music.app" to see the new tracks on the device, there should be a way to avoid that...
- libiphone has a solution for that Teuf 09:40, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
gvfs afc backend
- couldn't seem to write a file using vim (DBVersion writing failed)
- should try to mount jail-broken before trying normal rooted mount