We have four proposals for the 2015 Flock location. The table below is only a quick reference guide for the highlights. Please click through to the bid proposal pages for complete information.
You may vote on your preferred location and add comments below until October 4, 2014.
|Cape Cod, MA||Rochester, NY||Colorado Springs, CO||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Proposed dates||Aug 28-31 or Sept 4-7 (Labor Day)||Aug 12-15||-||July 30-Aug 3, Aug 13-17, or Aug 20-24|
|Venue||The Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis||Either in hotel or at RIT||University of Colorado at Colorado Springs||Salt Lake City Main Library|
|Venue estimated cost||$3160-$8280 (depending on whether we provide our own AV)||Free at RIT; hotel costs would vary||Free||likely free|
|Distance from hotel to venue||0 (same place)||0 if in hotel; transporation required if at RIT||5 minute walk||.75-1 mile|
|Hotel||The Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis||Several options||On-campus housing||Plaza Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, and Red Lion|
|Hotel costs||$139-$159||$119-$134||$40/pp including a meal||$87-125|
|Airport||HYA or BOS||ROC||COS or DEN||SLC|
|Travel to/from airport||Free shuttle from HYA / 2.5 bus or train from BOS ~$50 RT||10 minute cab or free shuttle||Requires a shuttle; $50 RT from DEN, recommending bus/van rental for COS||Free shuttle to Plaza hotel; $2.50 light rail or $20 cab|
|Evening event proposals||Beach clambake, bowling and pizza, Cape Code Duckmobile, Professor Wackenhammer's Clockwork Arcade & Carousel, ice skating||Strong Museum, Eastman House, MAGIC Center||Minor league baseball game, bowling/game center, catered in lodging, Cripple Creek, Flying W Ranch||SLC Library Rooftop Terrace, Park City Mountain Resort, The Leonardo, Clark Planetarium|
Please thread your comments under each venue location by using bullets, for example:
- I really love hotels! This one has a cheese bar!
- But the hotel in the other city has a chocolate bar!
You can also simply comment:
- This bid is the most promising to me because...
- Labor day travel on the cape is going to be an issue. (Probably for either weekend.)
- Would really like to see more solid options regarding lodging / venue. Hard to make a decision not knowing.
- Baseball game an awesome idea. Nothing like minor league ball :)
- Shuttle from airport could get expensive
- On campus housing costs are great! Is this single or double (or more) occupancy?
- the quoted rooms are 4 single bedrooms sharing a bathroom. the floorplan is shown in the proposal.
- Using campus facilities and on-campus housing is a great way to keep costs for Flock and for attendees relatively low.
Salt Lake City
- 3.2% beer a potential issue for those of us beer drinkers :)