- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freenode IRC Nick: majkl_
- Code Forges (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.):
- Github : https://github.com/xhalin01
- Also have worked with SVN in private repository
- Social Media Accounts:
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/miso.halinar.5
Questions to answer
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
I want to work with fedora because I am seeking for new chalenges. I choosed project for novices Support for end-of-life notification since this will be the first project that I will work on. I have the required skills which are C language(other languages too) and knowlegde of Linux systems.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora Project or another open-source project as a contributor?
No I have not, this will be my first time.
Have you participated in GSoC in the past? If so, what year(s) and which organization(s)?
No I have not.
Do you plan to continue contributing to the Fedora Project after GSoC? If yes, what sub-project(s) are you interested with?
It depends on experienxe which I will get from this project. Probably yes, I am looking forward to new chalenges.
Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am really excited to work with fedora on this project for novices, since it will be my first project. I find it very useful to spend my holydays learning and contributing with my skills to fedora.
Have you contributed to any other open source organizations or projects? If so, do you have artifacts you can show so we can see your skill set(s)?
I have not contributet to any open source organization yet. I have many school projects, some of them might be interensting, just hit me up if someone would be interested.
Overview and The Need
Any relevant experience you have
I have hands on experience in most of the things that you ask to implement the project.
- I have 5+ years experience in C.
- I have 1+ year experience in Bash. And some other skripting languages - php,python.
- Curently working on Reversi game with UI
How do you intend to implement your proposal
A rough timeline for your progress
- May 23 - May 30 (1 week)
- End Semester Examinations
- May 30 - June (4 weeks)
- Adding new features to the web frontend
- Adding new capabilities to the backend
- Fix UI bugs which already exists if time is enough (Extra)
- June 27 - July 10 (2 weeks)
- Writing and deploying new widgets
- July 11 - July 24 (2 weeks)
- Triaging and processing new widget ideas submitted by the community at large
- July 25- July 31 (1 week)
- Implementing existing (and thoroughly detailed) mockups from previous UI/UX interns and team members
- Aug 01 - Aug 07 (1 week)
- Mid Semester Examination
- Aug 08 - Aug 14 (2 weeks)
- Continue Implementing existing (and thoroughly detailed) mockups from previous UI/UX interns and team members
- Aug 15 - Aug 21 (1 week)
- Polishing the code base
- Implement unfinished parts if exists
- Fixed found bugs on the way if necessary
Features which were discussed to implement during the summer with clean code base.
Any other details you feel we should consider
I am very excited about Summer Coding, I decided propose because it is perfect oportunity to work and learn. I have good experience with C language, my biggest goal was C++(only subset) interpret written in C. I did not managed that only by my self, but I had team of my classmates. I am currently working on simple webclient with protocols HTTP 1.0/1.1, which might be useful for the idea that I have chosen. Here is my simple Pong game that I have made long time ago in Unity: https://github.com/xhalin01/pong.