HACK CAMP 2016 FEDORA + GNOME
Our event will start on Saturday 27th having previous sessions, but the core of the camp is going to be on Friday 4th, March and will finish on Sunday 6th, 2016.
It will be held in “La Alameda & Hacienda Club” located in "km. 41.5 de la Carretera Central, Distrito de Ricardo Palma, Chosica, Perú"
HACK GNOME CAMP 2016 is a three-day event where Hack Space Peru and GNOME Perú members planned an initiative focused on integrate students with skills in developing, maths, electronic, engineering and Linux users in order to exchange their experiences. We are going to use GNOME 3.14 release and Fedora 23.
Before going to the CAMP, participants must complete the following requirements:
1. Post in a personal blog your technical experience before the camp by installing F23 and JHBUILD. During the event, some activity must be completed such as fixing a GNOME or FEDORA bug, do a designer for FEDORA 23 or GNOME 3.18. Finally, after the event, it is also mandatory to write your experiences during the HACK CAMP.
2. First you can download the iso of FEDORA 23 at getfedora.org.
3. Decide if you want to use UEFI Mode (Dual Boot Windows 7/8/10) or Legacy Mode (Dual Boot Windows 7/8/10) or install it virtually adding it to other Linux or using VMware
4. Install Jhbuild in your laptop to create a developer environment to contribute to GNOME.
- In order to help our attendances in person, we are planning to have a pre sessions to guide them during the installation:
|Saturday 27 February 2016||02pm - 05pm||PUCP University||Av. Universitaria 1801, San Miguel Lima 32, Perú|
|Friday 04 March 2016||10am - 01pm||Residencia Coworking||Avenida Reducto 1518, Miraflores|
- It is mandatory to carry out your own laptop and register yourself into this form: https://hackspaceper.typeform.com/to/XY1LDR
We are going to take a bus from PUCP to go to Chosica on Friday, March 4th at 07:00 pm., until Sunday 6th, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
|1||Fire building, setting up tents, knots and lashing.||09:00 pm|
|2||Welcome speech from GNOME, Fedora and Hackspace.||10:30 pm|
|3||Introduction to the groups (we are going to divide 7 groups of 5) and their geek songs.||10:40 pm|
|4||Friday - Time to sleep.||11:10 pm|
|5||Saturday Breakfast||08:00 am|
|6||Partition - Installation of Fedora - GNOME Guide||09:00 am|
|7||Show the GNOME and Fedora wiki||11:30 am|
|8||Applications GNOME and use of Fedora||12:00 am|
|9||Saturday Lunch||01:00 pm|
|10||Jhbuild GNOME dependencies Guide||02:30 pm|
|11||Gymkana time||06:00 pm|
|12||Saturday Light Dinner||08:00pm|
|13||Wood fire and integration time||09:00 pm|
|14||Saturday - Time to sleep||11:00 pm|
|15||Sunday breakfast||08:00 am|
|16||Bugzilla and try to fix baby bugs in Python, JS||12:00 m|
- We are going to arrive to Lima at 14:00 pm.
Sponsors: GNOME and HACKSPACE
|1||100 stickers, materials for game, 35 Club tickets fee, 200 globes, 2 Banners, 36 t-shirts||GNOME|
|2||Bus for 35 people, Food for 35 for three days, DVDs||HACKSPACE PERU|
|3||Travel sponsorship for 5 students from provinces such as Trujillo, Chiclayo, Pucallpa and Cusco, training and local and IT demands for training, microphone, cables and camping materials||HACKSPACE PERU|
AFTER THE EVENT
GNOME supported us and congrats our event, a picture of the event was used in the official video of the release of GNOME 3.20 -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU2f_jkPRq4
ATTENDANCES did post FEDORA installation and overcome UEFI troubleshootings during our workshops and training days before the camp:
David Blas https://davidblasblog.wordpress.com
Angel Mauricio http://game855.wordpress.com
Fiorella Effio https://awebablog.wordpress.com/installing-fedora-23-d/
Luis Huaringa http://espaciosdeluis.blogspot.pe
Sergio Curay https://securayblog.wordpress.com
Alvaro Concha https://medium.com/@alvarorcu
Carlos Abel Cordova http://lhacktogether.blogspot.pe/2016/03/fedora-del-bien.html
Junior Oblitas instalacionfedora23vmware.blogspot.in/2016/03/instalando-fedora-23-en-vmware.html?m=1
Pierr Chino http://chinolsistemas.blogspot.es/1457006170
Miguel More https://arturomore.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=TxYEPVMBAAA.1cPUsOxLTzkAYktBwMSgLNnfNenWHLthsVqhJuiqtDDWtDN3WXYq2lirgU_X1PVCKhvsbXtSM2CB2SLuQUBuTg.p1AijUm-7lpEUDqWXUXcNQ&postId=7496145967271406496&type=POST
* Unfortunately this time FEDORA did not support our request and we did not get any material, neither financially nor any moral support by any LATAM Fedora member, because I did the event before the unanimous approval of the LATAM ambassadors. https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-latam/ticket/316#comment:12